Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Extended 9MM Mags for Glocks

I recently purchased a Glock 19 and I have since shelved other pistols for this one. I was at a gun shop and bought 1 of the Glock branded 30 round mags and it fits fine into the gun. However at a gun show I got a few of the 30 rounders under $20 a piece but they are Korean made. THey fit in the gun but I have to push it harder or a second time to get it to "clickh" in. Is it my Glock or just the fact that these magazines aren't from the Glock factory?
    I want a French Lebel Never shot only dropped once.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Extended 9MM Mags for Glocks

It's the fact that they are aftermarket mags. I've owned a few and most worked, some didn't. I've since sold all of them since they were range toys. I'd never count on one when I needed it.

I've used KCI, Kahn, and a few others that I forget the names of. All the same jap crap.

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: Extended 9MM Mags for Glocks

if you want reliability you gotta stay with the factory mags. the imports from the east are iffy at best. ftf issues as well as not drop free and any other negative mag problem you can imagine is a possibility with these imports. some work some don,t (crap shoot). being a hardcore glock guy my experience tells me to spend the extra $ and save the hassles. keep on shooting, red dog

(Allegheny County)

Thats what I figured. I couldn;t pass on the fact they were $15 a piece. I have 1 Glock branded and it always works so Ill just use them for the range or as a club lol.

(Allegheny County)

When CDNN had them I picked up 2. My buddy bought me one just to be nice.

They all work for shit. Maybe if you bought the factory Glock spring it would make them work right. IDK. None of mine are really reliable despite cleaning them out and making sure no flashing was in them etc. I'd just put the money towards the Glock ones.

The other ones aren't worth the hassle IMO.

(Cumberland County)

I had a bunch of KCIs when I had a 19, bunch of 15 rounders, and a pair of 33s. The 15s worked fine, but I kept them for the range. Never really used the big'uns much.

I need to get another Glock. I miss having lots of durable, cheap, easy to find mags.

Last edited by rwb1500; July 8th, 2011 at 01:35 AM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Chester County)

The korean mags are great for traing and back up. I carry glock brand mags to be safe. I have 28 g19 mags 1 33 rnd and a few g17 korean mags. The springs are terrible! I think they were designed to be used once and discarded. Go to wolff gun springs and get the + 10% power mag springs and those mags wont let you down. Some of them have extra plastic inside the magazine that needs to be shaved. I have put alot of rounds through them, withno problems.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by batalha_com.308 View Post
    Go to wolff gun springs and get the + 10% power mag springs and those mags wont let you down. Some of them have extra plastic inside the magazine that needs to be shaved. I have put alot of rounds through them, withno problems.
    I think I'm going to do that. I love WGS. Normally I put together an order of all kinds of odds and ends with those guys and I'll have to include those on my next one. Be nice if these 33 rounders I have actually worked right.

I already cleaned out the flashing from inside all of mine with a razor blade I duct taped to a screw driver. (Works great BTW)

But still have feed issues with them from time to time.

(Chester County)

I love the KCI mags for range use, drop them, let them hit the ground and who cares for $8

Always carry GLOCK mags
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    I love the KCI mags for range use, drop them, let them hit the ground and who cares for $8

Always carry GLOCK mags
    Yeah I have 3 Glock carry mags 2 15 rds (one purchased after the gun). When I bought my 19 it came with 2 10 rd Cali mags but the shop owner(my cousin) threw in 1 of the 15 rd mags to be nice. I actually think my 9mm Glock is a trade up from my 40 XDSC.