Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default smith and wesson m&p9

looking a getting a smith and wesson m&p9 its used and they guy i am going to buy it from said it has 4 16 round mags. the only s&w that hols 16 rounds in a sigma or sd9 so what do you think. he swares that its a m&p9mm but i cant find anything like that on s&w website. i dont want to drive a hour and a half and find out its a sigmia. so what do u guys think

(York County)

Default Re: smith and wesson m&p9

pictures will help

(Warren County)

Ask for pictures as a regular M&P 9mm will hold 17 + 1, if it's a M&P9c it will hold 12 +1. So something is not adding up here............

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7dude View Post
    pictures will help
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by quint_327 View Post
    looking a getting a smith and wesson m&p9 its used and they guy i am going to buy it from said it has 4 16 round mags. the only s&w that hols 16 rounds in a sigma or sd9 so what do you think. he swares that its a m&p9mm but i cant find anything like that on s&w website. i dont want to drive a hour and a half and find out its a sigmia. so what do u guys think
    I think you should buy my M&P .40 with 2 15-round mags. Smith's mags have numbered holes, so if he's seeing 16, it's likely not at M&P 9. I would definitely ask for pictures before heading out there. Ask him to take a cell phone pic and picture msg it to your phone.

(Centre County)

he said he does not have a camera to send pics and i told him to get online and send me a pic of the gun threw another website and he wont. so i looking around and i found the same thing that u guys did something does not match up so thats why im thinking its either a sigma or a sd9. so thats y i really dont want to drive that far to see a junk sigma. there is a guy local around he that said he will sell me this ruger p95 for 240 with a whole bunch of ammo so i might take up that deal

(Dauphin County)

I know my Sigma SW9VE has 16 round mags. The identifying mark is having the M&P logo on the front of the slide.

(Bucks County)

Yeah,something sounds a little fishy. If he was telling the truth & wanted to sell the gun he would find a way to provide you with photos
    Jesus is Lord !

(Dauphin County)

Yeah,something sounds a little fishy. If he was telling the truth & wanted to sell the gun he would find a way to provide you with photos
    That is the unfortunate part of the internet. It is all to easy to lie and set up a scam with no remorse or accountability.

I would not show up in person without pictures in advance. If they refuse, it is obviously too good to be true. You never know what you are about to get yourself in to, especially when the transaction could turn into a robbery.

(Allegheny County)

This guy is on the internet and does not have a digital camera, modern phone, webcam, laptop with built in webcam, or a friend that has any of the above. Also quoting incorrect specs.

Just walk away there will be other deals.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by quint_327 View Post
    he said he does not have a camera to send pics and i told him to get online and send me a pic of the gun threw another website and he wont. so i looking around and i found the same thing that u guys did something does not match up so thats why im thinking its either a sigma or a sd9. so thats y i really dont want to drive that far to see a junk sigma. there is a guy local around he that said he will sell me this ruger p95 for 240 with a whole bunch of ammo so i might take up that deal
    I'm going to break my rule about posting in a thread where the OP uses lazy/leet and even worse entirely wrong words (hint: threw isn't the same as through) because of the absurdity of the situation. You aren't buying an ipod off craigslist, this is a gun. Which means you should be done with the guy the instant anything is abnormal. Here's my top two red flags:

1 - Selling anything via the internet without a picture = insta_FAIL
    2 - Not being able to read you the actual words on the side of the gun

Go to a gun store. They have these 3D pictures there called "actual guns." It will work out much better.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast