Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Northumberland County)

Default Re: "Municipal authority" operating county-owned land preemption? - E-MAIL sent!

Any reply to your email yet?

(Chester County)

Default Re: "Municipal authority" operating county-owned land preemption? - E-MAIL sent!

Just in general, I think they are in violation if they are posting & enforcing such rules.

I mean really, Have them explain how they can & will enforce it!

If not, Then what Law's apply to them. Are they Lawless?? I don't think so.
    There might be a clause about inside any Buildings they may own maybe because of Insurance Carrier. Maybe! I'm just tossing that up to think about.

By no means em' I an expert on this subject, but I'm just looking at it in the simplest of ways. As soon as anyone starts to tosses all kinds of Reg's and terms "Muddy the water" & Your now so fare from the original issue. You never get to the truth. That there is a RED FLAG!!
    If it were Legal, They should be able to easy explain it away that everyone can understand & "sorta" agree.

If it were private Land. It would be a none issue, It would be private.
    Its not private, Its Public/County Land.
    Unless there putting in something that is on the List:
    Places Off-Limits While Carrying in PA

Thats just my take on the issue.
    Supporting Member:
    TACDA NRA PAZRT
    PAFOA NRA-ILA

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: "Municipal authority" operating county-owned land preemption?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Sent this e-mail to the project coordinator:

Hello, I'm writing to bring to the attention of the AOAA planning commission a rule for the AOAA that appears to be in violation of state law. I became aware of this issue last night at the AOAA meeting at the Shamokin High School.

It is my understanding that the firearms prohibition portion of the park rules is in violation of Title 18, Chapter 61, subchapter A (otherwise known as The Uniform Firearms Act) specifically subsection 6120 which states: "General rule: No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this commonwealth.”

I know some people might want to know why someone would want to carry a firearm while on the grounds of the AOAA, and the answer may be as simple as they carry a firearm daily. But that question is not really the issue. The preemption statute I quoted is very important for Pennsylvanians that legally carry a firearm in that it removes the problem of a traveling citizen of running afoul of a myriad of local laws prohibiting where you can and cannot carry a firearm. In other words, licensed or otherwise legal carriers of firearms in Pennsylvania can carry everyplace not prohibited by state law.

I respectfully ask that the AOAA and the Northumberland County Planning Department please look into this matter, and if they wish to keep a "no firearms or weapons" rule in the AOAA rules, amend it to read "No illegal firearms or weapons". This will allow lawful carry and also remind those not authorized to carry that their actions are prohibited.

I thank you all for your time and we look forward to following up next month for any updates.

Regards,
    Eskimo
    Here is the upgrade to your response to send back to any reply you receive from the commonwealth legal authority opinion Regarding Local Ordinances Concerning Firearms that was sent on Aug 24, 2009 to all 67 counties district attorney’s from TOM CORBETT Attorney General now upgraded to governor TOM CORBETT

here is link on PAFOA to document that we got

http://forum.pafoa.org/1021822-post-74.html

Keep this letter handy for any title 18 Pa.C.S. § 6120 (Limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition), along with many other section of the UFA with "claimed" local control over Regulation of them.

On a related subject when asking them to follow the rule of law doesn't work and court action is required here is proposed legislative fix to help address that problem to at least try to recover for the cost of compliance with a court action.

2011-12 Proposed law for dealing with Municipalities Violating Preemption Law
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ption-law.html

Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Smith40 View Post
    Any reply to your email yet?
    I called today to ensure they received my email and to poke them a little... we will see if she calls me back.

I appreciate YOUR followup! I tend to forget stuff...
    "Conflict is inevitable, but combat is optional.”

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    I called today to ensure they received my email and to poke them a little... we will see if she calls me back.

I appreciate YOUR followup! I tend to forget stuff...
    If you haven't gotten a respond by now, I'd assume you're being ignored. IMO this is publically owned land and they have no legal method to ban legal possession. As such, my impatience is proving to become most taxing. I'm soon inclined to take a copy of Corbett's letter to them in person. Thanks WF for the link! I have plans to use it for multiple issues.

I got a call-back the other day, where she said she never received my initial e-mail. I re-sent it from a different account, and actually JUST got a response yesterday afternoon from them..

"Eskimo: Thank you for your e-mail. I will forward this on to our County solicitor for review and also to our consultants. We appreciate your input. Please keep following our project at www.anthraciteadventure.com

Thanks,
    Kathy Jeremiah"

It was cc'd to:
    jbuerkle@pashekla.com
    bgood@pashekla.com
    pat.mack@norrycopa.net
    frank.garrigan@norrycopa.net
    chaws@barley.com (Charles Haws)

Sorry, yesterday was nuts, I meant to update the thread.

(Indiana County)

I don't send e-mails. I send hard-copy correspondence. I wait a while if no response, then I send a follow-up hard-copy. I'm doing that today with the Pennsylvania Court Administrator. Someone has to be responsible for firearms storage at court facilities.

(Northumberland County)

(Kathy Jeremiah)...... If this is who I think it is, she and her father got busted a number of years ago in the city for stealing tax money or something. He was the treasurer at the time. Irrelevant? Perhaps but it leads me to be distrustful.

Sent my 1-month follow-up today, as promised. We'll see.

Response from Kathy:

"Mr. Eskimo: Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The Northumberland County Solicitor is reviewing the Uniform Firearms Act and we will get back to you as soon as all pertinent information has been gathered and reviewed. Thank you for your patience."

I don't see where there's much to review.. UFA says "IN ANY WAY"... but we'll see.
    Last edited by Eskimo; August 18th, 2011 at 02:08 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123