Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default SIG P522 SWAT Pistol

I can get this new for $299 ($379 with laser). Fires .22LR, but in terms of controls/operation, it's similar to it's 556 big brother. I'm thinking it might be a good way to easily/slowly and inexpensively transition from pistols to, ultimately, an AR. If nothing else, I hear they're a blast to shoot. Thoughts/comments?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...at-pistol.aspx

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=238797241
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: SIG P522 SWAT Pistol

Go for the rifle 522! It is a blast and very accurate. Again, it is a copy of it's 5.56 big brother, for about a quarter of the price.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FCRPhila View Post
    Go for the rifle 522! It is a blast and very accurate. Again, it is a copy of it's 5.56 big brother, for about a quarter of the price.
    Thanks for the input! At this point, having just returned from Tanner's, my head's spinning (with choices).

This was today's experience, that led me to (somehow) get out the door with nothing. (I don't know how I did it):

Looked at the M&P 15 Sport ($599 new).
    Looked at the SIG P522 SWAT pistol w/green SIG laser (Also new. I believe they said $419 with the laser included).

While talking to a buddy via text message about them both, I wandered over to the used pistol counter. Saw an HK P2000 in .40 S&W, used, and in great shape. Then saw, a CZ P-01 Duty (used but pristine) for $349. Walked to the new counter, picked up a Glock 20. Wanted that as well.

At that point, I new I had to do some more thinking/research. My budget's limited right now, and I really don't want to trade or sell anything I have. I felt like I was in "I just want another toy" mode, and it was best to retreat while I could.

I'm sure I'll be going back, . . for something. I just need to sort out what I really want to do: AR, the .22LR P522 pistol, or something else. I also need to remind myself that I'm really limited to indoor range shooting, unless I want to take a considerable hike somewhere out of the area. So, that might affect the fun factor of some of the above.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Lebanon County)

Cant go wrong with a 22lr. Cheap and fun to shoot. Get the SW MP15-22 or the Sig 22 you cant go wrong with either