Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default More Northampton County Courthouse

Had to go over to the courthouse today. Went along while the son-in-law applied for his LTCF. I went to the metal detectors and told the Deputy that I had to check in my firearm. He asked if I was police of a civilian? I answered civilian. He told me that he had to contact his supervisor and I would have to wait outside on the sidewalk for the supervisor to arrive. it was a nice morning, I waited about 15 minutes and finally a sergeant and another deputy arrived with a briefcase size pelican case. They checked my drivers license, my LTCF, my serial number and filled out a form. Finally they asked me to hand over my PF9. I did so and the sergeant cleared the chamber with the mag in. Second try he dropped the mag and cleared it again. They snapped it into the case and gave me an evidence seized or found receipt. I was informed that when my business was completed to tell the guard and he would return and return my pistol.

We took care of the son-in-law, as we were ready to leave the same sergeant as before walked in the door. I told him I had concluded my business and he and his partner met me out front with the pelican case. he returned my property and asked if I'd do him a favor and not reload until I got to my care. I said sure. I then inserted the mag, worked the slide and reholstered.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: More Northampton County Courthouse

Quote Originally Posted by smit308 View Post
    Had to go over to the courthouse today. Went along while the son-in-law applied for his LTCF. I went to the metal detectors and told the Deputy that I had to check in my firearm. He asked if I was police of a civilian? I answered civilian. He told me that he had to contact his supervisor and I would have to wait outside on the sidewalk for the supervisor to arrive. it was a nice morning, I waited about 15 minutes and finally a sergeant and another deputy arrived with a briefcase size pelican case. They checked my drivers license, my LTCF, my serial number and filled out a form. Finally they asked me to hand over my PF9. I did so and the sergeant cleared the chamber with the mag in. Second try he dropped the mag and cleared it again. They snapped it into the case and gave me an evidence seized or found receipt. I was informed that when my business was completed to tell the guard and he would return and return my pistol.

We took care of the son-in-law, as we were ready to leave the same sergeant as before walked in the door. I told him I had concluded my business and he and his partner met me out front with the pelican case. he returned my property and asked if I'd do him a favor and not reload until I got to my care. I said sure. I then inserted the mag, worked the slide and reholstered.
    What a crock of shit. Dangerous too. The less a firearm is handled, the less chance it has to "go off". I'd be pretty pissed off If I were you.

(Lehigh County)

you mean you didnt want to walk around with an unloaded weapon in downtown Easton? No balls...lol
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by smit308 View Post
    Deputy ... told me that he had to contact his supervisor and I would have to wait outside on the sidewalk for the supervisor to arrive.

Finally a sergeant and another deputy arrived with a briefcase size pelican case.
    Excellent use of Sheriff's Department resources! Your tax dollars at work.

You have to visit the court house again, armed. This time, however, bring one or two more armed buddies. Arrive at the court house fifteen minutes apart. Then have the three of you leave at different times.

You've got to do this.

(Northampton County)

I did wonder what would happen if there were multiple people who needed to check their firearm. Do they have a lot of little suitcases or do they just jam them in the same one? Suppose it's raining. How happy are wet deputies?

Was the serial number part of the receipt to make sure they gave the right firearm to the right person?

If not, they have no right to record/check it IMO, since we don't have a gun registry in PA and there is no RAS for someone legally checking their firearm at the courthouse.....
    will that extra 15% matter? not as much as being able to put one in their face. ~Edg