Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default whoops, wrong ammo

so i went to my cousins house to blow up a tv with my mosin and my mossy 500 and one of his friends brought over a new taurus 709 and some bullets, so he loads his mag and walks up to fire and bang, then just a click click click then he racks and bang click click so i walk over and check out whats goin on, i rack it up and bang click rack bang click and as i rack again i see the shell cracked and blown out, so i tell him to put the gun down and unload and i take a look at it he has 380 auto ammo in his 9mm. he was a newbie and bought the gun and didnt get ammo for it were he bought it and went to another gun store with the gun and asked what ammo was for it and the shopkeeper gave him 380, so watch out when you go to some gun store in new ken they apperantly have no idea what the hell they are doing, and im wondering what would/could have happened had i not been there to tell him to stop and he woulda kept goin with the wrong ammo, i only shot it twice and i think im lucky i didnt lose my fingers

Default Re: whoops, wrong ammo

Did the gun say 9mm Kurz on it? That's the only logical explanation for why a gun shop owner would give him the wrong ammo.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Centre County)

I just recently bought a .380, have a 9mm. Bought some dummy rounds for each, and I noticed it would not be impossible to pick up the .380 instead of the 9. I keep the live ammo separated and also in original containers. I always wondered what would happen if they were mixed.

(Monroe County)

He needs to get his shit wired tight before he injures himself or someone else.
    Glad this didnt happen at a public range.

Taurus Guns says .380 on them, not 9mm kurz, tmr only Sigs and other European Guns says 9mm Kurz.

(Monroe County)

You would be amazed at how often that happens!

I have a 40 S&W case that was fired in a Para 45! One shot was all it took because the guy got massive gas blow back and realized something was wrong! He said he dropped the mag and when it hit the bench the rest of the rounds ejected from the mag on impact!

I also have quite a few 9mm rounds that were fired from a 40 S&W! The amazing part is that they were in a load of casings picked up at a Law Enforcement trianing facility!

From my point of view! It is the owner/operators responsibility to KNOW what ammo his/her firearm uses! If by chance it is a hand me down firearm? THEN the immediate fact of "I don't know what cal. it is" should be asked when buying ammo from a "reputable" firearms and ammunition dealer. (not to be asked of the all knowing clerks behind the sporting goods counter at Wal-Mart, etc.)

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Newbudby View Post
    they apperantly have no idea what the hell they are doing
    Pretty sure that word is apparently. And I'm not sure how you think it is anyone but the shooter's responsibility for what ammo they put in their guns. This is exactly the thinking that leads to all kinds of ridiculous law suits and warning stickers.

Rule 1 of guns: treat as if loaded
    Rule 2 of guns: never point at something you don't want destroyed
    Rule 3 of guns: know what the fuck you are doing, and pay attention while you are doing it

Glad you and your friend weren't hurt and your gun(s) weren't damaged. You just learned a valuable lesson.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog Ammo LLC. View Post

. . . It is the owner/operators responsibility to KNOW what ammo his/her firearm uses! . . .

That's it in a nutshell. +100.

Your cousin's friend needs some trainin'.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    I'm not sure how you think it is anyone but the shooter's responsibility for what ammo they put in their guns.
    I'm waiting for Obama and the rest of his nannies to tell me what ammo to shoot.

(Luzerne County)

That's scary that your friend couldn't manage to get the right ammo. The blame is 110% on him. Even though the other gunshop sold him the wrong ammo, it is his responsibility to be familiar enough with his new firearm to figure out whether or not he has the right kind of ammunition before he pulls the trigger. Glad no one was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    Did the gun say 9mm Kurz on it? That's the only logical explanation for why a gun shop owner would give him the wrong ammo.
    Wait. What? If it said 9mm Kurz on it, then .380ACP would have been the right ammo.
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Newbudby View Post
    so i went to my cousins house to blow up a tv with my mosin and my mossy 500 and one of his friends brought over a new taurus 709 and some bullets, so he loads his mag and walks up to fire and bang, then just a click click click then he racks and bang click click so i walk over and check out whats goin on, i rack it up and bang click rack bang click and as i rack again i see the shell cracked and blown out, so i tell him to put the gun down and unload and i take a look at it he has 380 auto ammo in his 9mm. he was a newbie and bought the gun and didnt get ammo for it were he bought it and went to another gun store with the gun and asked what ammo was for it and the shopkeeper gave him 380, so watch out when you go to some gun store in new ken they apperantly have no idea what the hell they are doing, and im wondering what would/could have happened had i not been there to tell him to stop and he woulda kept goin with the wrong ammo, i only shot it twice and i think im lucky i didnt lose my fingers
    yea.. definitely the gun store owners fault
    I am not a lawyer !!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast