Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: full auto question????

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    Take it to an experienced gunsmith. Not just any gunsmith either; one who has experience with LL's. They need to be timed correctly and they don't just "drop-in." With how much you probably spent on it, it will be worth a few hundred bucks to have it installed correctly.
    Well, one of the advantages of the link is that you can move it between different firearms. So it would be better to pay the guy to show you how to do it yourself.

Quite honestly, you can probably find somebody on this forum that will help you for free, if it's somebody you feel you can trust.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    From what I have seen a "link" was designed to fit a colt SP1 or early SP2 AR types from Colt. The newer types of AR's had mods to prevent the use of a "link". So if you are to build an AR to take a "link" it must be set up like an early Colt AR. This Is especially true for the bolt carrier and trigger/sear springs. Best bet is to find an SP1 that is in original condition.

Not really. Any low shelf receiver that works with an RDIAS should work with an RLL. Aside from profiling the bolt carrier to SP-1 spec, which by the way is .380" from the tail of the bolt carrier... this isn't rocket science. Once the proper end profile has been achieved a little work on the actual paddle is all that's needed to time the gun.

Detailed instructions, and TONS of useful information can be found here.

http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/lightninglink.html

Or you can hunt for SP-1 spec bolt carriers, which I don't see why you would. Just take a normal AR-15 bolt carrier and send it out to have it machined to SP-1 specs.

You don't need a Colt and Colt parts to make this work. The guy I know has a Bushmaster and Stag he uses it with, and a couple different uppers.

The only thing you are pretty much eff'ed on is .22LR conversions. I have no idea how you could ever make that work with an RLL.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Heart View Post
    May be a stupid question here, what is the RLL you are talking about?, as far as full auto, you need to go through the BATF for approval on converting to Full Auto. Not Cheap, Not Easy, and VERY EXPENSIVE!. if you do this without BATF approval, your looking at some serious criminal charges. But someone better skilled in this area should be by soon enough with direct answers to your question.

Ok i seen a few questions in regards to my comment, First, i 'Ass"umed the RLL may have meant RRA. and the question was how to convert it. i was also completely asleep when i read and posted. my apologies for my (lack of a better word), Jack-assed reply. Thank you to those who dealt with it and cleared my head on it.

Continue on

(Washington County)

around 6000 didnt know to much about it wen i got it it didnt fit did some resurch and found out i need a sp1 bcg so found one for 120.00 on ar15.com i have a bushmaster and yhm upper bushmaster lower the rll pretty much works with all lower except for a few..its a nice little thing fun to use take 2secs to pop it in 2 secs to take out

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog84 View Post
    around 6000 didnt know to much about it wen i got it it didnt fit did some resurch and found out i need a sp1 bcg so found one for 120.00 on ar15.com i have a bushmaster and yhm upper bushmaster lower the rll pretty much works with all lower except for a few..its a nice little thing fun to use take 2secs to pop it in 2 secs to take out
    That's awesome, not too bad a deal at all...well until you really look at it and think "I spent 6 grand on this little piece of junk!?" LOL But I've seen them go for 8K so I think you did good.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    That's awesome, not too bad a deal at all...well until you really look at it and think "I spent 6 grand on this little piece of junk!?" LOL But I've seen them go for 8K so I think you did good.
    well, you actually spent 39 cents on a chunk of used hacksaw blade, and $5,999.61 on a piece of paper saying its legal
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Washington County)

u r definatly right how pathedic is that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12