Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Why Should I Have an M&P9c? Anybody?

I haven't owned an M&P before, the full size models don't really appeal to me, but the compacts do.

I need to get my hands on one and try the trigger, I think that would be one of the deciding factors for me. I'd like to avoid upgrading the trigger, if only because I don't want a gun that needs improvement out of the box.

Opinions? I'm sure there are rabid supporters and detractors out there. I'd love to hear from both.
    Last edited by rwb1500; July 4th, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Why Should I Have an M&P9c?

I only have experience with a full size .40 and I will tell you that the trigger is definately not one of the stronger points of the gun.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I haven't owned an M&P before, the full size models don't really appeal to me, but the compacts do.

I need to get my hands on one and try the trigger, I think that would be one of the deciding factors for me. I'd like to avoid upgrading the trigger, if only because I don't want a gun that needs improvement out of the box.

Opinions? I'm sure there are rabid supporters and detractors out there. I'd love to hear from both.
    I have the full size 9mm M&P. It's a great gun and has the adjustable back straps to get a better feel for your hand size, which is the same for the compact models. I'm not sure if it's been improved recently or not, but when I bought my M&P, it had an extremely gritty trigger that smoothed out over a few hundred rounds.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

I don't know if this is even possible, but I would try to install the trigger group from an M&P 9 Pro in the M&P 9 C. That ought to fix the shitty pull... with a slightly less shitty pull.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    I don't know if this is even possible, but I would try to install the trigger group from an M&P 9 Pro in the M&P 9 C. That ought to fix the shitty pull... with a slightly less shitty pull.
    Lol.

I know the Apex stuff is supposed to be pretty nice, but I can't justify dropping $100 into a gun when I didn't need the gun in the first place.

Truth be told someone offered me the M&P in trade. I'm just weighing my options. If it was a Glock 26 I'd be all over it, because I've owned plenty of them, and I know what I'm getting myself into. I'm gonna try and get my hands on an M&P, see what I think.

(Cumberland County)

Nobody has a stronger opinion?

Default Re: Why Should I Have an M&P9c? Anybody?

Having only fondled them in Tanner's... No.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Why Should I Have an M&P9c? Anybody?

I currently have a M&P 40c as one of my carry guns. Only put about 300 rounds through it so far but I am satisfied with the trigger pull on the gun and have become used to it. It is a little tight for my liking but nothing that would cause a problem for me. In comparison, I also carry a Bodyguard 380 sometimes and it has a far too heavy pull.

In the 300 rounds I have put through the MP 40c it has not had a single hiccup. Also I have found it to be quite accurate.

(Centre County)

Thumbs up Re: Why Should I Have an M&P9c?

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Nobody has a stronger opinion?
    I do. They're great. I carry one quite frequently in an OWB holster and it hides pretty well under a tee or polo. A full size mag is my back up and works well with a x-grip adapter to fill the void. The biggest pro, IMO, is that I have never, and I mean NEVER, had a malfunction with it (a huge plus for a carry gun, obviously).

A few cons. Mags are kinda expensive, compared to glock offerings, and the trigger is as bad as you've read about. It does get better with use; meaning it smooths out. Trigger reset is hard to "feel," but you get used to all of the trigger shenanigans. I say go for it. It's a great gun and "S&W's Glock" is an absolute win.

Another tidbit. If I was standing in front of my safe at the end of days () and I could only pick one handgun to take with me, it would be my M&P(s). The Glocks would sit. Opinion, of course.

edit: By "the end of days," I mean when my wife actually finds out how many guns I have.......
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    I do. They're great. I carry one quite frequently in an OWB holster and it hides pretty well under a tee or polo. A full size mag is my back up and works well with a x-grip adapter to fill the void. The biggest pro, IMO, is that I have never, and I mean NEVER, had a malfunction with it (a huge plus for a carry gun, obviously).

A few cons. Mags are kinda expensive, compared to glock offerings, and the trigger is as bad as you've read about. It does get better with use; meaning it smooths out. Trigger reset is hard to "feel," but you get used to all of the trigger shenanigans. I say go for it. It's a great gun and "S&W's Glock" is an absolute win.

Another tidbit. If I was standing in front of my safe at the end of days () and I could only pick one handgun to take with me, it would be my M&P(s). The Glocks would sit. Opinion, of course.
    Interesting, thanks.

How is corrosion resistance? I'm used to stainless and Tennifer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast