Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA 10mm

(Berks County)

Thumbs down EAA 10mm

Anyone have an EAA 10 that they have problems with? I just got one over the weekend and took it out to the range with 185 gr ammo. it jammed 2x on me when it got down to two in the clip. Needless to say I was very dissapointed. I have an EAA 40 that is my fave to shoot with and was hoping for the same with the 10 but I guess not.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: EAA 10mm

Have you tried using different mags or ammo?

Just a thought that feeding problems are sometimes mag issues and not the pistol.

Some firearms don't digest all ammo. A retired police chief had a Sigma that wouldn't feed my Blazer ammo. I picked up all the unfired rounds,put them in my mag and my Glock fired them all. Try different ammo.

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Luzerne County)

If it's new give it some time to break in. I have heard of Witness's (and other guns) requiring anywhere from 50 to 300 rounds to "break in" and become reliable. Mine was reliable out of the box but didn't care for it and sold it.

(Berks County)

well like I said the 40 was reliable OTB. I disassembled it thinking that there was too much oil on it from being new, cleaned it now I'll try different ammo at an indoor range and see if I can get it right. BTW does anyone know where I can get an extra clip for it? It only came with one and if it's a clip issue I would like to have one that's reliable.
    Come to think of it my SW 9mm had one bad clip and I had to take it apart... it turns out the spring was slighly bent and took some finaegling to get it right

(Luzerne County)

Including only one clip is one of the shortcuts EAA takes to keep costs down. Many places carry them, do a search and you will find.

(Berks County)

yeah, went to an indoor range and only had one jam with quality ammo. It didn't shoot bad nice tight head shots @25yds. I put another 100 rds thru it. When I got it home and cleaned it I took the clip apart and the spring was slightly twisted at the bottom. I took some time and twisted it back straight... I'm hoping that'll correct it.

Hello,

I have very similar problems with a Witness Compact Poly .45, where the last 2 rounds in the mags cause a FTF, where as the live round jams up into the top of the slide and top of the chamber. The rim on the breech face and in the mag. So far no solutions, but I am working on it. Waiting for new mag springs as they seem to be a common problem.

Please post if you get it working 100%.
    Thanks

(Northumberland County)

I would try a different mag. Since you'll want more than one for this pistol anyway. Short of that you may want to replace the mag spring with a stronger one from wolff gunsprings. THey sell +3 and +10% strength springs. I know these are weak points of CZ's don't know about the witnesses.

(Berks County)

After I tweaked the spring I had no problems with it through 50 rds. I still need to get at least a backup clip for it.

(Clarion County)

HIJACK: What is under the hood of that duster? Im a mopar a body gearhead also. I just recently sold my 440 swinger.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast