Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Glock 20 holster...help!

Howdy folks!

So I've got a Glock 20 with an extended 6.5 inch barrel. It's a monster, and I love it dearly. I frequently camp and ride my quad, and it is my go-to woods gun (can take 2 or 4 legged predators with Buffalo Bore 220 grain loads). I'm interested in adding a flashlight to it; however, as you might imagine...between the extended barrel and flashlight, this makes for a GIANT gun. Currently, I'm carrying it in a Blackhawk shoulder holster which I love dearly. It keeps the gun secure and fairly well protected from mud when on the trails. The problem is, it won't fit the gun once I add a flashlight.

I would prefer not to use a paddle/leg/hip holster as I often wear mud waders which are "overall" style and have shoulder straps; I'd never be able to access a gun on my hip under them if I needed it. For this reason, I've enjoyed using my shoulder holster and wearing the gun outside of the waders. Obviously I'm not worried about keeping it concealed. I'm finding it extremely difficult to find a chest/shoulder holster that will accept a Glock 20 with flashlight. It also has to be open at the end so the extended barrel can stick out.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I'd also be open to a tactical vest that could hold a GIANT handgun with a flashlight and handle water/mud. Of course...price is a factor. Any folks know of anything out there???

-Thanks

Default Re: Glock 20 holster...help!

Did you check Safariland holsters? That's what I use for my Glock 20 with TLR-1 light. I dont know if they have a model that fits the extended slide. I just looked at mine, and there is a block at the end which you'd have to modify for the slide to poke through.

Default Re: Glock 20 holster...help!

Also, maybe the guys at Simply Rugged could make something for you. I have one of their holsters for my Smith and Wesson 10mm revolver.