Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default USP Elite .45 and Taurus PT 1911 9mm

Just want to give a mild review of what we have experienced with the two newest pistols of our collection (my collection really, just trying to be polite for the wife). Got no videos or pics, so I'll be brief.

The USP Elite is by far the most accurate tupperware gun I have ever shot and rivals a lot of 1911's. With standard WWB, it puts up 5 to 6" groups with relative ease, at the 50 yd. line. Have not shot it in a rest yet, but that is on the way. 300 rds in this gun and not one single failure of any kind. I tried to get it to FTF, but could not get it to. I think it would cycle if you shot it while it laid on its side, unheld (don't try). Senergy, you were right about HK accuracy in their plastic lineup.

The PT is the normal PT's of late. Flawless performance through 600 rds. Was only managing 8 to 9" groups at 50 yds, so I did a disassemble, cleaning, and some slow dry fire trigger pulls (after installing Phil Wood's tenacious oil on the trigger assembly, of course) and it is right in line with the HK, now. Nice clean break that is a tad on the soft side now (my taste, anyway), but is still not as light of a pull as the PT 1911 .45 I have. The right lube and a little patience will get a trigger working much better without having to spend a bunch of $$$. Both guns speed shoot well, but are not the wicked fast shooters that the 24/7 Pro, P226, or the G20 and 21 are. I now only need to purchase the P226 in .40 S&W to complete my ensemble. Please forgive if I am beating a dead horse with some of this stuff. Happy shooting, everyone.
    Last edited by harold63; July 2nd, 2011 at 05:48 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(York County)

Default Re: USP Elite .45 and Taurus PT 1911 9mm

Thanks for the report. My next gun I hope will be the in PT1911 in 9MM. I also have a 24/7 pro in 9mm they are good guns.

(Lawrence County)

Boost the trigger and take out some creep.

Lycanordropinanothergroupthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Boost the trigger and take out some creep.

Lycanordropinanothergroupthrope
    Will you elaborate on this, some? It does have some creep, but nothing like it was out of the box.

(Delaware County)

Your PT 1911 9mm must be better than mine. Mine had a lot of creep and was pretty mushy. I'm not a gunsmith, so I had a guy at the club do a trigger job on mine.
    He switched out the hammer, trigger and sear and refitted both safeties and eliminated the FP plunger and series 80 firing system. Guy did a great job. Now I have a nice crisp 3# trigger. Now all I have to do is learn how to shoot a nice trigger.....lol.
    Nice report, if I ever buy another poly gun, the USP is on the top of my list.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

Put a Hogue wrap around finger grip on the 1911 and what a difference, especially for my wife (it is her pistol, after all). No more chaffed hands for her. Grip fits perfect. Nice addition for $20. Recommended if you have small hands or want a reassuring grip on a 1911.