Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Cleveland, but looking to relocate to Oil City, Ohio

Default Re: Could Sunday hunting be on its' way? HB 1760

Quote Originally Posted by CL3 View Post
    Deer rifle season starts the Monday after Thanksgiving and goes two weeks. No Sundays, so two Saturdays after the Monday opener. I don't bow hunt, so I'd have to look when that starts, but still no Sundays.
    That doesn't make sense then. The PGC Regulations say that:

DEER (Antlered and Antlerless) WMUs 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3B, 3C, 4B, 4D and 4E: Dec. 1-8. One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

That tells me it starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving and only goes a week for rifle.

Where are you seeing different dates?

Quote Originally Posted by Stiltz79 View Post
    That doesn't make sense then. The PGC Regulations say that:

DEER (Antlered and Antlerless) WMUs 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3B, 3C, 4B, 4D and 4E: Dec. 1-8. One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

That tells me it starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving and only goes a week for rifle.

Where are you seeing different dates?
    It's a split rifle season in those WMUs... Starting the Monday after Thanksgiving (11/29) is BUCK ONLY until Saturday 12/1. It's then, what you have listed above, buck AND doe until Saturday 12/8. You cannot hunt deer on Sunday 12/2 or Sunday 12/9. You have 12 hunting days for deer rifle season.
    Last edited by CL3; July 17th, 2012 at 09:38 AM.

Cleveland, but looking to relocate to Oil City, Ohio

Oops... Misreading calendar. I really hate the split season. You should be able to hunt doe or buck as long as you have the appropriate tags...

(Centre County)

I hope so. As mgmt in a retail store, Sunday's tend to be a short day so it is one of the easier days to take off, and it would defiantly benefit me, as well as a lot of hunters i would imagine.

(Lycoming County)

Meh looks like NY hunting license yet again so I can hunt 2X as much Sat and Sun....when you only got 2 days off gotta make the most of BOTH for hunting cant do that in PA. And no worrying about split seasons or any of that crap....when its deer season there its deer season..doe or buck dont matter.

(Lancaster County)

Good grief, did they fink out again and not get us Sunday hunting yet AGAIN? They must have less motivation than a common garden slug. Strange how they can find the time to spend as much money as income, property, sales, and liquor taxes bring in plus a lottery and tolls--very few states have all of those at the same time--but they can't get off their lazy butts and get enough coordination to get us Sunday hunting and legalize semi auto rifles for hunting?
    Last edited by Yellowfin; June 12th, 2013 at 05:04 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Good grief, did they fink out again and not get us Sunday hunting yet AGAIN? They must have less motivation than a common garden slug. Strange how they can find the time to spend as much money as income, property, sales, and liquor taxes bring in plus a lottery and tolls--very few states have all of those at the same time--but they can't get off their lazy butts and get enough coordination to get us Sunday hunting and legalize semi auto rifles for hunting?
    whats in it for the state?

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Suit has been filed in regards to Sunday Hunting. Appropriate parties have 30 days to respond (this month basically). Please donate:

http://www.huntsunday.com/#/donate/4563996517

http://www.outdoornews.com/June-2013...aded-to-court/

https://www.facebook.com/HuntersUnitedForSundayHunting

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    whats in it for the state?
    Well, I suppose if I had to say what the state can benefit from legalizing Sunday hunting and semi auto rifles, I certainly can:

1. Increased revenues from hunting license, rifle, and ammo sales. MASSIVE increases.

2. Increased hunter safety by reducing crowding through expansion of times people can be out hunting, and safety by people being able to use guns more familiar to them through practice and prior experience.

3. Increased value of hunting property investments due to more days available in the season.

4. Increased nonresident hunting tourism because of more opportunities available. Tourism is BIG $$$ that state governments USUALLY do everything they can to increase.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Update, in case you haven't seen it in the news and on TV the past few days:

The case has been filed in Federal Court regarding Sunday hunting.

http://pennrecord.com/news/10787-spo...sunday-hunting

http://www.huntsunday.com/#/donate/4563996517

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast