Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Nimbys

Not In My Back Yard.(nimby Funny how didnt see many posts about welcoming folks into Their own back yard to hunt 7 days a week. Amish? I think the game commish owns a little bit more land...

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Nimbys

Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
    Not In My Back Yard.(nimby Funny how didnt see many posts about welcoming folks into Their own back yard to hunt 7 days a week. Amish? I think the game commish owns a little bit more land...
    So the possible compromise would be to allow hunting on Game Commission land only.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Blair County)

Default Re: Could Sunday hunting be on its' way? HB 1760

Quote Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
    I got a message back from my rep about this. Although he WOULD support it, as a hunter himself, he can't because the Amish community is against it. He says that every Amish farmer he's talked to said they would not allow ANY hunting on their property on any day of the week if Sunday hunting was allowed. My rep feels that losing access to all that hunting land isn't worth the extra day of hunting.

Could also be why the farmer's associations are against it as well.

Damn pointless religious rules :P
    I am understanding of this two fold. People directly or indirectly will cause problems to the landowner. Everyone that does not own enough ground to hunt is in the let us hunt Sunday camp.

The rest of us, well it is devided.

I posted every inch of my property, still deal with trespass issues. Apearently if you hunted that ground all of your life regardless of new ownership you are still welcome. This is not the case. Arrests have proven it, I know, I have seen me do it in excess of 5 times. That in turn typically leads to retaliation from the arrested "character issues" thats why they broke the law in the first place.

State ground open on Sundays is fine as long as the safety zone at the borders is broadened to a half of a mile. I myself don't want the noise and traffic.

State Parks should still be off limits in my opinion. The non hunting public should still be able to walk dogs x country ski and enjoy the outdoors as they have paid taxes to maintain it as well.

Religion is also a part of it. Like it or not, believe it or not, some respect should be shown as the landowner controls the ground.

If I pay the property taxes, I control it whether or not it is Sunday or Monday.

My opinion only. Flame away.
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Butler County)

Default not goin to happen...

1st is land access, amish is not a factor. Lots of land here just the Dutchies are not a factor
    2nd. the Pa hunters in numbers is like 60% of what is was 30 years ago.
    3rd. Religion is not a factor overall. There is no unity and no hunters- hell look how old this thread is and how many posts? It is a joke!

More folks go bowling than vote in our country- look that fact up!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
    I got a message back from my rep about this. Although he WOULD support it, as a hunter himself, he can't because the Amish community is against it. He says that every Amish farmer he's talked to said they would not allow ANY hunting on their property on any day of the week if Sunday hunting was allowed. My rep feels that losing access to all that hunting land isn't worth the extra day of hunting.

Could also be why the farmer's associations are against it as well.

Damn pointless religious rules :P
    The mentality behind it is that people like that would deliberately stop breathing if you told them to breathe purely because you wanted them to breathe.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; November 10th, 2011 at 09:28 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Susquehanna County)

Oh horse pucky! Tell the believers not to worry and open the State Game Lands to Sunday hunting. As to private property it's legal with owner permission.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Philadelphia County)

(Lancaster County)

If they're worried about safety, one of the first things they need to do is to open up rifle season to be 1 1/2 to 2 months long to alleviate the congestion of having everyone trying to cram their hunting in all at once. Most states have WAY longer gun seasons than PA's and thus do not have the crowding problems.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Cleveland, but looking to relocate to Oil City, Ohio

Anybody hear anything else of this???

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOVEL View Post
    I am understanding of this two fold. People directly or indirectly will cause problems to the landowner. Everyone that does not own enough ground to hunt is in the let us hunt Sunday camp.

The rest of us, well it is devided.
    I disagree. I own land and have a place to hunt, I wish I could hunt it on Sunday, though. Just because you own land does not mean you are free of jobs and obligations that prevent you from hunting.

People fight this for one reason, they don't like change.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast