Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Could Sunday hunting be on its' way? HB 1760

Lets hope so ive lived in 5 states besides PA(NY,GA,Al,NV,CA) and this is the ONLY one that used to have 2 things that drove me NUTS that no other state ive lived in has(well 3 actually)

1. when they used to have separate Doe and buck season ....luckily they fixed that...deer season is deer season when you see a dear SHOOT IT! lol

2. No Sunday hunting...I almost got in trouble the first week in PA as it was prime hunting season id just moved here 17 years ago in Sept from new Your I got everything moved Saturday and thought since I had a week off from work id take advantage Sunday to do some hunting....got all the way to the hunting site till I remembered Pa doesnt allow that

3.State controlled Liquor stores....every other place I could legally drink id just pick up anything from a 6 pack of beer or a case of beer to wine to burbon at the Grocerie store or convenience store...oh but not PA lol...and the DUMB rules cant buy less than a case at certain places or more than 2 six packs at others....just horribly backward and LAME.

so far the only thing they fixed to get in line with most of "reality" is number 1 hopefully #2 and #3 will also change .

(Bucks County)

It is late.. so here is a try...

Dear Game Commission Representative XXXX,

I would like to ask you to vote for HB 1760, the Sunday hunting bill. Sunday hunting provides working families with the ability to spend more time together in the states forests. In these hard times, anytime family time spent together is precious. Passing this Sunday hunting bill allows family members to spend possibly an extra week together depending on the hunting season.

The bill does not require extra finances since the Wildlife Conservation Officers currently patrol the forests and state game lands 7 days a week. The licensing fees would not change since there isn’t a fiscal impact on the state. This bill benefits the people of the state. I urge you to please vote yes on HB1760.

Thank you,

XXXX
    Last edited by thefirstndsecond; July 7th, 2011 at 07:05 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    It is late.. so here is a try...

Dear Representative XXXX,

I would like to ask you to vote for HB 1760, the Sunday hunting bill. Sunday hunting provides working families with the ability to spend more time together in the states forests. In these hard times, anytime family time spent together is precious. Passing this Sunday hunting bill allows family members to spend possibly an extra week together depending on the hunting season.

The bill does not require extra finances since the Wildlife Conservation Officers currently patrol the forests and state game lands 7 days a week. The licensing fees would not change since there isn’t a fiscal impact on the state. This bill benefits the people of the state. I urge you to please vote yes on HB1760.

Thank you,

XXXX
    Can i respectful suggest you redirect you message to specfic points

You might have missed this thread in hunting section on PAFOA

Public hearing on Sunday hunting June 9, 6:30pm in western pa

http://forum.pafoa.org/hunting-23/13...estern-pa.html

Please take the time to read this thread, has ALL kinds of information with reasons for legislators to support this change over the opposition objections. As some farmers are a concerned and some are valid reasons because of the slob hunters abuses to private property.

IF you are sending that message.... It should be only directed at the members of the Game and Fish committee (for now). Without passage here in this committee we got nothing as it never makes it to a full house vote.

Now if you want to re write to ask for sponsorship and list some of the reasons why the PGC should be given the option to use sunday hunting and include all the positive results like increasing jobs, added taxes collected for PA etc, Last on list why you like to see the law change. I think this would get the result you (we) are looking for.

More than one of the rural legislators is wary of changing the status for fear of backlash on election day or taking heat back home, hence the reason why we be locked into the late 1800's blue law prohibition for so long.

That being said you have to tight and on point with crafted letters as most people that hunt, don't hunt on property they own, so the landowers & stake holders have a say on this concept. Read that thread as more public hearing are coming.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Bucks County)

Vote for Sunday hunting.. don't just be a pistol packing Dirty Harry... :P
    Last edited by thefirstndsecond; July 7th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Sunday hunting needs sportsman support, if you want to contact the Senators and Representatives on both fish and game committees Google Pa. Senate.... There will be a "house" and "senate" drop down. Slide down to "committees" and right to "standing committees" Fish and game will come up open it and you will have all members listed to click on and you will easily be able to email each legislator.

(Lancaster County)

I got a postcard about this from the NRA today. I went ahead and sent a message to my rep about it, even though he already supports the bill

(Philadelphia County)

supposed to start 12 minutes ago

I can't understand why the PA farm bureau is against this! Most farmers I know have problems with wildlife especially deer and this would give them another tool to manage that.

(Philadelphia County)

anyone have any idea what happened there today ? or where i can find out

(Lancaster County)

I got a message back from my rep about this. Although he WOULD support it, as a hunter himself, he can't because the Amish community is against it. He says that every Amish farmer he's talked to said they would not allow ANY hunting on their property on any day of the week if Sunday hunting was allowed. My rep feels that losing access to all that hunting land isn't worth the extra day of hunting.

Could also be why the farmer's associations are against it as well.

Damn pointless religious rules :P

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast