Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Good forum = good community

Story time... I posted about finding magazines for a few pistols. The thread got a couple pages of chatter and has some good info in it. Then I get a PM from on of the board members telling me about a seller on the SIG forum who listed some P45 mags. He even emailed the guy with my contact info.

This is someone who doesn't know me or the seller who took time out of his day to try and hook up a fellow forum member. That is serious good karma shit right there. That kind of thing makes forums like this great. It's like a "until proven guilty" thing. Unless you know someone is a tool from their posts, you give a PAFOA forum member the benefit of probably being a good guy.

Post up your good advice / helping hand stories of other board members. Now I need to find a Mr. S post and rep him.

(Clarion County)

Default Re: Good forum = good community

Hands down,this is the best forum I've been to and am amazed by these people on a daily basis.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Hands down,this is the best forum I've been to and am amazed by these people on a daily basis.

I'll second that!

(Philadelphia County)

Going shooting tonight with a PAFOA member I have never met. He's a member of the club around the corner from me, and offered to take me as a guest. For all he knows, I could be a psycho

(Montgomery County)

There's a bunch of great members here, but there is definite room for improvement.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    There's a bunch of great members here, but there is definite room for improvement.
    I've been to many other forums but, there definitely seems to be a bit more humble approach here then elsewhere.
    In my personal experiences,I've asked many questions,(some not so intelligent and even down right stupid at times),and received the least amount of ridicule here than any other forum I've been to.
    It would appear to me that there is less verbal judo and inflated egos here than else-where.I do feel at home here and not so much the tolerated guest as in some other forums.
    "Room for improvement" ???? WELCOME TO THE HUMAN RACE !!!!!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    I've been to many other forums but, there definitely seems to be a bit more humble approach here then elsewhere.
    In my personal experiences,I've asked many questions,(some not so intelligent and even down right stupid at times),and received the least amount of ridicule here than any other forum I've been to.
    It would appear to me that there is less verbal judo and inflated egos here than else-where.I do feel at home here and not so much the tolerated guest as in some other forums.
    "Room for improvement" ???? WELCOME TO THE HUMAN RACE !!!!!!!
    That's exactly what I was tlaking about

PAFOA is better than Glock Talk Forums, but there's plenty of condesending tone, and plenty of know-it-alls. Too much, if you ask me.

Too many on here eager to take a jab at someone the first chance they get. Like theyre trying to prove something to someone.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Story time... Unless you know someone is a tool from their posts, you give a PAFOA forum member the benefit of probably being a good guy. .....

Post up your good advice / helping hand stories of other board members.

OK, here's mine. Awhile back I had an odd issue with my Gun Dealer while my wife was buying her Ruger. My wife is a "non-resident alien" (green card holder). Anyway (shortened story) the gun shop called us AFTER we had the gun home and told us to bring it back because there was an "issue" with PICS.

I posted it here and in short time I had a certain forum member who is a lawyer offer his services pro bono. We exchanged PM's. He actually phoned my gun shop and talked to the seller on my behalf and the issue was resolved smoothly.

Now THAT is GOOD Forum= GOOD community action.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Lackawanna County)

We are just one big happy family. Completely dysfunctional, but still a big happy family.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    We are just one big happy family. Completely dysfunctional, but still a big happy family.

This is what comes to mind when I think on PAFOA

I am here to learn, give advice, but otherwise brighten peoples day...
    ΑΣΦ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast