Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: AR-15 optics questions

Quote Originally Posted by FD737 View Post
    BWAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I can't afford good optics either but I do have to go to Homewood on occasion.
    I don't get the joke

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: AR-15 optics questions

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    you make a lot of assumptions.
    Never.

i haven't seen any reviews of primary arms optics say that they couldn't see their target, hit their target, that it lost zero, that it fell apart, etc. I haven't read one review that said they wished they'd bought a higher dollar optic over a primary arms optic.
    How long have you been searching?

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....hlight=Primary

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...0&Searchpage=1

In the latter, you'll only find PA mentioned in relation to running them on .22LR arms

you really like the thinly veiled insults, eh?
    Nope. When I decide to insult someone, I make no bones about it.

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: AR-15 optics questions

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    I don't get the joke
    Inner-city neighborhood in Pittsburgh. Usually appears on the news a few times a week, for all the WRONG reasons.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Never.

How long have you been searching?

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....hlight=Primary

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...0&Searchpage=1

In the latter, you'll only find PA mentioned in relation to running them on .22LR arms

Nope. When I decide to insult someone, I make no bones about it.
    SO i read the 1st link (can't view the 2nd unless i create an account). Not a single mention of primary arms. Alot of comments like "if you're going to be using this as a duty or defense weapon, then buy good optics." A lot of people taking about airsoft optics also. Primary Arms is not made as airsoft optics.

(Allegheny County)

You could try the Vortex Strike Fire, It's only $150, comes with a high profile mount for AR flat-tops, and a 2x magnifier that screws on.

Damnit. I was going to be the first post on this thread but a shiny object came into view and got my attention.

Look into the Millet DMS-1. It's a good priced entry level 1-4x. Put it on a Larue SPR, Bobro or ADM equivalent or just some scope rings(don't know what height, maybe medium?). You'll be happy. I guarantee it.

For my HD gun, it doesn't have an optic. It has Iron sights with a 230 lumen strobe light.

As far as optics, buy nice or buy twice. I bought a Leupold Mk4 years ago. I sold it and replaced it with a Nightforce. I also replaced my DMS-1 with a trijicon accupoint 1-4x24, but as you stated, that's a little steep for you. The DMS-1 will be fine for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by dead zen View Post
    I use a primary arms m4 red dot and i love it. Havent got around to ordering the 5x magnifier yet but i will. Imo the m4 red dot is worth it.
    I have a PA m4 red dot and the 5x .. also glasses. Just put a PA flip mount on my 5x. I'm very happy w/ mine ... so are all my buddies that have helped me put about 500 rounds down range so far.

... but what do i know, Mine has an Adams Arms piston on it and I love my HiPoint S&W .40 too
    /bug

I'm in a similar situation as the OP (just bought an LMT AR). I need (well, want) optics, mags and an LBV for it... but don't have the budget for everything right now (I have lots of ammo). Since I consider good optics essential, and I don't have the money for an Aimpoint or EOTech right now (if I'm buying the other things I need), I'll be running it with irons for a while, at least until I can buy a T1 with LaRue mount for it.

What the OP wants to do reminds me of something I saw at the range a few weeks ago. I was there testing some handloads for my Sig 550 and a guy a few benches down was zeroing his new Robinson Armament XCR (at 25 yards no less... ). Well, he's adjusting the sights after every shot, and when he's finally "done", he pulls out the new scope he bought for it... Well... It's a freaking Bushnell Banner 3-9 power... Uugh...

So as he's mounting it, I wander over and say hi. We chat a little bit, and he ends up walking over to my bench and takes a look at my Sig (which is wearing an ACOG). He takes a look through it and makes a comment that the Bushnell he just put on his gun is as good as the ACOG. I kid you not, he actually thought that.

Anyways... the moral of the story is that some people think "a scope is a scope" and all scopes are "pretty much the same".
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman916 View Post
    I have a PA m4 red dot and the 5x .. also glasses. Just put a PA flip mount on my 5x. I'm very happy w/ mine ... so are all my buddies that have helped me put about 500 rounds down range so far.

... but what do i know, Mine has an Adams Arms piston on it and I love my HiPoint S&W .40 too
    ^^^^
    Holy shit and only 4 pages into it and someone gives the OP what he was looking for originally. I understand your bARf15.com pain.
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

Quote Originally Posted by Ar180shooter View Post
    I'm in a similar situation as the OP (just bought an LMT AR). I need (well, want) optics, mags and an LBV for it... but don't have the budget for everything right now (I have lots of ammo). Since I consider good optics essential, and I don't have the money for an Aimpoint or EOTech right now (if I'm buying the other things I need), I'll be running it with irons for a while, at least until I can buy a T1 with LaRue mount for it.

What the OP wants to do reminds me of something I saw at the range a few weeks ago. I was there testing some handloads for my Sig 550 and a guy a few benches down was zeroing his new Robinson Armament XCR (at 25 yards no less... ). Well, he's adjusting the sights after every shot, and when he's finally "done", he pulls out the new scope he bought for it... Well... It's a freaking Bushnell Banner 3-9 power... Uugh...

So as he's mounting it, I wander over and say hi. We chat a little bit, and he ends up walking over to my bench and takes a look at my Sig (which is wearing an ACOG). He takes a look through it and makes a comment that the Bushnell he just put on his gun is as good as the ACOG. I kid you not, he actually thought that.

Anyways... the moral of the story is that some people think "a scope is a scope" and all scopes are "pretty much the same".
    They are all the same, in that they are made from metal, have glass in them, and they ALL will break, no matter what make or model you get. What you do get from the higher end models are nice little things to include but not limited to; high quality glass, higher quality internals, lifetime warranty, First focal plane, mil turrets/mill reticle or moa turrets/moa reticle, turrets that are repeatable, higher standard of manufacturing from the factory, no reticle cant, so on and so forth. Price isn't always an indicator however, my SWFA is superior to my NF. My SWFA cost $650 less then my NF.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast