Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Pocket Holster for Sig P238 w/ laser???

Anyone know where I could get a pocket holster for the P238 w/ the laser trigger guard for a decent price? The only one I have found is $50 and I am looking for something a bit cheaper.

Not sure what size uncle mikes pocket holster would fit this gun or if the desantis would fit it with the laser.

Also I just bought this gun and I am big fan. Its post recall/mandatory safety upgrade with the metal guide rod. No malfunctions with 100 junk rnds through it. Only complaint is the plastic trigger. Looking for a stainless one to swap that out as well.

Default Re: Pocket Holster for Sig P238 w/ laser???

I would check the laser manufacturers site, as some companies like crimson trace offer holsters specifically made for their product. Also, check the Sig site as well, they may also offer a holster for the P238 with a CT laser. Many manufacturers do.

As far as cost, $50 is exactly what you should expect to pay for a quality holster. Your pistol and laser combo probably cost at least $700, why put it in a cheap piece of crap nylon holster? Especially given the fact that the pistol is single action and carried in your pocket.

Pay for a quality holster that fully protects the trigger with rigid leather. It's worth every cent.

(Westmoreland County)

Im pretty sure desantis makes one...maybe in the nemesis line?
    S&W M&P40c, Sig P238 SAS-.380, Ruger mkIII .22, Thinking about a new sig 938.....

desantis nemesis, should be able to find one much cheaper than $50

http://www.google.com/search?q=desan...hop&hl=en&aq=f

EDIT:
    theyre pretty interchangeable. If you cant find one exactly listed for the 238 I know that my Kahr PM9 fits in the same holster
    Last edited by NoMoreOp4; June 20th, 2011 at 02:32 PM.

Exactly the kind of economy holster i would not use, but it definitely is cheap, which is what you asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Exactly the kind of economy holster i would not use, but it definitely is cheap, which is what you asked for.
    different strokes for different folks but I don't disagree with your first post.

My primary holster for CC is a crossbreed minituck in horseleather. Super holster for about $80. I do the like nemesis in the cargo pant variety, which I occaisionally wear if its really hot and dont want to throw the minituck on. The cargo version is different from the pocket one though. The nemesis is rigid, but either way don't put anything else in the pocket it is in.

(Westmoreland County)

I really like my super-fly...it protects the bang switch well and never comes out on the draw...ever.
    S&W M&P40c, Sig P238 SAS-.380, Ruger mkIII .22, Thinking about a new sig 938.....

(Lancaster County)

Well I was looking for a cheap one initially because I needed it right away. But valorious you were right I bought a blackhawk pocket holster for $15 and it is junk it rarely stays in my pocket when I draw, but it does prevent it from printing in my work clothes which will do for the time being until I find a quality one.

I would get a cross breed but that wont do in my work clothing.

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Unless you are 100 lbs ... I wouldn't reccomend the IWB variety for the P238. My girlfriend carries IWB only because she's a speck of a person and couldn't fit a NAA mini in her tiny pockets, much less the sig.

Crossbreed does offer a minituck for the P238, but as of two weeks ago they did not make a supertuck for it.

Nemesis is solid for the pricing. There are better holsters, but this is the bare minimum of quality I would recommend.

Again, opinions are like ... Well, everyone has one. This is just my advice.

:-D
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

Quote Originally Posted by bigredxlt View Post
    Well I was looking for a cheap one initially because I needed it right away. But valorious you were right I bought a blackhawk pocket holster for $15 and it is junk it rarely stays in my pocket when I draw, but it does prevent it from printing in my work clothes which will do for the time being until I find a quality one.

I would get a cross breed but that wont do in my work clothing.
    check out the minituck, not the super tuck. I can carry easily when I have to wear a suit to work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast