Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Any one have an AR stolen?

If you did you may be getting a call from the police...

I was leaving work today to go to lunch when me and a buddy noticed two city workers with the big vacuum truck lifting a sewer lid to clean out the catch basins as they do from time to time.. Twenty minutes later we were heading back to work and low and behold there was a Pittsburgh police officer standing with them holding an AR shaped rifle they retrieved from the sewer! Obviously I don't know what caliber it was but it wasn't in that sewer long. Way too clean. It was all black, really nice.

I had a gun stolen from my house years ago and never received a call, Hopefully if it's someones here you will get the call and have it returned.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Allegheny County)

Unhappy Re: Any one have an AR stolen?

NOT in Allegheny Co. - Chief Harper and/or Sheriff Mullen had that puppy down at the smelter, faster than you can say, "Did they check it for prints?"

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Any one have an AR stolen?

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    NOT in Allegheny Co. - Chief Harper and/or Sheriff Mullen had that puppy down at the smelter, faster than you can say, "Did they check it for prints?"
    Your statement is close to the truth. Here's the back story.....

Three years ago an older gentleman I know lost his gun in the parking lot of a local store, (He thinks that's where he lost it). He went in and told the store manager just in case some honest soul would tell them they found a gun in the parking lot and call the Police.

He then went to the Police station and reported it stolen so he would possibly get it back if it were turned in, (this was before the lost/stolen issue started in the burgh). They took the info and thus three years of silence....Except my sarcasm on his ass for piss poor handling of his gun .

A few days after your initial response to this thread he received a letter from the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Headquarters Firearms Tracking Units. It was the ONLY letter he received and it said… I’ll type it out as it was in the original before me.

Date letter was sent.

Name and address of the older gentleman.

This is the final notification that the firearm listed below is in the possession of the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police.

Make: xxx
    Model:xxx
    Caliber:XX
    Serial # XXXXXXXX

The Pennsylvania State Police/ATF records indicate this firearm was traced to you as the possible owner. Please contact Detective XXXXX XXXXX at the Pittsburgh Police Firearms Tracking unit within 30 days at 412-XXX-XXXX OR 412- XXX-XXXX, Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. to2:00p.m. This firearm will be destroyed if we do not hear from you.

Signed:
    Commander of Narcotics and Vice Unit &Firearms Tracking Unit

So, your statement about the smelter is very close to the truth. Had he not received that letter due to what ever issue, it would have been destroyed!

It took about 4 weeks from notification to repossession but that includes calling a few times to see if he could get it back.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Which police department had an AR15 left on the trunk of a cop car?
    http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/arc...tle-police-car
    Not the same but still ironic as hell. Its OK for them to lose assault weapons but god forbid one of us loses a semi auto........
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Beaver County)

They ever catch that cat who swiped an AR from (Cabelas? Gander Mtn?)? Maybe he got scared and dumped it?