Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default glock night sites or tac light?

So im trying to figure out which has better advantage. Glock night sighs or tax light or tax light/laser. Light would mean not having to hold a flash light. But id need to be a holster that holds the light. Which the only one I can find is a blackhawk serpa but id need to buy a blackhawk light because no other light will work with that holster. Blah

Glock 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

Default Re: glock night sites or tac light?

I have a Glock 21 with a TLR-1(With strobe) WML & I think it's a pretty good combo. That's also our duty setup. It gets carried in a drop leg Safariland, but they make a belt model. Not very concealable, though. If you want to conceal it, go with a good set of night sights like Heinie.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    So im trying to figure out which has better advantage. Glock night sighs or tax light or tax light/laser. Light would mean not having to hold a flash light. But id need to be a holster that holds the light. Which the only one I can find is a blackhawk serpa but id need to buy a blackhawk light because no other light will work with that holster. Blah

Glock 19
    There are other options for holsters that will accept a gun w/tac-light, so don't give up on that.

Ideally, I perfer to have both night sights, and a mounted light. However when I have to choose, I'll have the night sights, and a handheld light.

The important part is being able to make up for not being able to see in the dark. So, if you don't carry a handheld light, go with a weapon mounted light.

Really, it is best to have both because even with a weapon mounted light, if you are out in the open with zero illumination your weapon mounted light will not help you see your sights. Fortunately in many situations a weapon mounted light will flood an enclosed area with light and make your sights visable, but ya never know.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    There are other options for holsters that will accept a gun w/tac-light, so don't give up on that.

Ideally, I perfer to have both night sights, and a mounted light. However when I have to choose, I'll have the night sights, and a handheld light.

The important part is being able to make up for not being able to see in the dark. So, if you don't carry a handheld light, go with a weapon mounted light.

Really, it is best to have both because even with a weapon mounted light, if you are out in the open with zero illumination your weapon mounted light will not help you see your sights. Fortunately in many situations a weapon mounted light will flood an enclosed area with light and make your sights visable, but ya never know.
    I think Carnes put this one to bed. Excellent points throughout. I agree completely.

+1.

(Lancaster County)

If my hd pistol had to only have one I would go with a light. Do tons of point and shoot drills. I dont think I will ever be disciplined enough to see my sights under extreme pressure so I train to instinctively aim.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post

Thanks for this response, rep incoming.

I do carry a handheld fenix light and that thing is BRIGHT. guess i'll go with the night sights.

Both, Go for a Comp-Tac CTAC light bearing holster and choose between the TLR1, TLR2, TLR3, X200 and X300 lights.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Mifflin County)

Earlier this month, I purchased my first Glock (Gen 4 19) It came with Glock night sights. So far, I have no complaints.

(Philadelphia County)

Smile Re: glock night sites or tac light?

Go with night sights. Night sights are super reliable (cant not work as long as you look down the barrel) lol. If you're looking to conceal or have something for home defense, go with night sights and then have a small tactical flashlight next to your flashlight. Don't wanna worry about turning on a flashlight or strobe laser. When it comes to defense, go with simplicity and reliability.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast