Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a new toy

(Venango County)

Default Need a new toy

I am currently debating between getting a Sig Mosquito to mess around with or a Glock 26/27 (not sure what caliber i want). What would you guys recommend...I know they arent similar guns but they are the two guns i want the most just can't decide what to get next.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Need a new toy

going to look at a 26 for my mom on Saturday...Im not too into glocks but if she ends up picking it up I'll have to bang off a mag or two. If I were to get a glock though it would probably be a 26 or 27...so to answer your question, probably the glock
    S&W M&P40c, Sig P238 SAS-.380, Ruger mkIII .22, Thinking about a new sig 938.....

Glocks are fun and the G26 shoots great, but look at the Glock 17 or 19 if you don't intend on carrying it. They will give you a better sight picture, but then again I don't have any issues with the G26, other than user error.

For the .22, I would stay away from the Sig. The handful I shot were finicky and felt cheap, IMHO. Take a look at a Ruger, Browning or S&W. I believe they make far superior .22s (there are others as well), but if you like the Sig then get it. If you don't have a .22, definitely get the .22.

(Mifflin County)

I'm new to handguns. Based on advice from a number of forums, I decided to purchase a 22 that I could use for practice without breaking the bank. I stopped at Cabela's intending to purchase something. When I picked up the Sig Mosquito I stopped. It fit my hand. The salesman sold me a brick of Winchester 22LR ammo. Unfortunately, I had not done my homework nor had the salesman.

The Sig is very finicky with ammo. As long as I use CCI mini mag's it performs well. To-day, I've shot 1,000 rounds of mimi mag's. When I try the Winchester I have constant FTF. The Mosquito is very accurate and WalMart sells 100 rounds of mini mag's for $7

Earlier this month, I purchased a Gen 4 Glock 19 with factory night sights. To-date, I shot 225 rounds and no issues. Love the Glock. It did take a few rounds to get use to the trigger difference from the Mosquito. I do plan on adding a Glock 36 very very soon.

Mike

(Cumberland County)

A 26/27 makes an almost unbeatable carry gun. However a .22 is just about the most fun you can have at the range.

You need both.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

I would say start with a 22, if it is your first handgun purchase (couldnt tell from the OP).

If you do decide to go with a 22 tho, I don't know that the sig is the best choice. I own a 22-45 and I love it. Thing is a laser beam.

As far as the gun feeling good in your hand... A word of caution... a lot of guns may feel good to hold, but when you load em up to shoot they don't feel quite as good, so don't let that be your deciding factor. Certainly don't buy a gun that DOESNT feel good in your hand just holding it, bc that DEFINITELY won't feel good shooting.

I would try to shoot one of them at a range that rents guns out.

Can't offer advice on the glocks.

Check out my youtube channel to see some of my 22s

(Clarion County)

I'm a Glock lover so you know where I'm going with this . I found the 26 a little hard to handle and when you add the mag ext.,you basically end up with a 19. Look into both the 26 and 19,you just can't go wrong with the 19.

(Allegheny County)

The 26 is a fantastic little gun. It's snappy, but extremely fast shooting close up. The trigger reset, with a good hold lets you pound targets for a gun of it's size. I've shot out to about 35 yards with mine at steel with no issues either. 6X8" plate. I wouldn't want it in .40 though. If it's for carry, the 26 is great. If it isn't, a bigger gun might be more desirable.

You can’t go wrong with a Glock. Just remember that you get what you pay for.

My Glock 30 can fire any brand / type of ammo I have put in it. The Cheap Hi-Point I have doesn’t like Personal defense rounds. It will feed FMJ all day long; put one hollow point in it and Jammo!

I've had similiar issues with my tactical Ruger 10/22. Using the cheap ammo like 555s or the 333s all jammed in a box and I will end up with several fails. When I use the good stuff like CCI stingers I never have a jam… I actually had a 555 round miss-feed and it bent itself into a .45 degree piece of ammo…

(Monroe County)

I vote Glock 26 unless it is not for carry in which case get a Glock 19.

My Glock 26 with a ten round magazine is my EDC option and it works in almost all circumstances. Put in a G19 magazine when it's on the nightstand or if able to be concealed and I have more ammunition and larger grip.

Then pick up a 22lr conversion kit and you have a carry gun, home defense gun, and a cheap plinker/training gun for the range.

If I had to choose only one handgun it would be a G26.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast