Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Suggestions / exp with S&W

My wife and I were at the gun shop tonight, she purchased a Crimson Laser for my Glock 26 for my birthday (GOD, I love her).

Anyway, she found a S&W Bodyguard 380 with Laser for $375. She really liked the gun and I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this model.

I really wanted her to get a Glock and she has shot several models but wants a smaller frame (she is only 5'2" and a petite build).

What do you guys think?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Suggestions / exp with S&W

I bought and sold a bodyguard .380. I found the double action trigger a little challenging for my taste. That said, the gun felt great in my hand. The recoil was more than I expected but lighter than my tomcat .32. Sights are good, the laser was pretty neat but I bored of it fairly quickly. I had to have the retailer file down the takedown pin b4 I could remove it, but it performed without fault while shooting.

In the end, it wasn't the right "pocket gun" for me (opted for a sig p238), but for the money I thought it was pretty decent.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Suggestions / exp with S&W

I just bought one the other week and don't regret it one bit. It makes for a great BUG/pocket gun. I normally carry a Glock 19 in an ADH holster with the Bodyguard in my front pocket in an Uncle Mikes holster. But some days when I want to be a little more inconspicuous or I just don't feel like toting the Glock around I throw this in my pocket and go about my day. It's nice knowing I have something "just in case" but no1 else has to know about it. Conceals in everything I wear no matter what.

Here is a pic of the day I bought it. Took it out of the box, put some Tulammo from Walmart in it and fired off a few rounds. Straight out of the box and steel ammo. Not a single glitch or flaw. Fed flawlessly just like my Glock. As stated above the laser becomes boring when at the range but I'm sure if I ever need to use the gun in a situation I will be more glad its there than not. Trigger takes a little getting used to especially coming from my Glock, but once I figured out how it was going to react my grouping starting coming together. Also I have huge bear claws so most every pocket gun is a chore for me to handle properly but this one felt best (was also handling a Ruger LCP at the same time of purchase since both were in the display case).