Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default M&P 9mm with APEX FSS & Trigger Installed (Updated with Range Report) ...

Ok guys, I've installed my FSS & trigger. I also installed a Storm Lake match barrel.

Here's what she looks like:

I just finished the trigger and barrel install, so I haven't shot her yet. I can report the following:

1. The FSS and trigger look pretty sweet.
    2. In dry firing, there is about 1/4" or less pre-travel, with virtually zero overtravel.
    3. The square trigger (I think APEX is contemplating a rounded-edge option) feels damn good to squeeze.
    4. The install was pretty easy -- if you've installed an APEX DCAEK then you have the skills for this kit. The only new step was really removing the actual trigger pin and replacing the stock trigger. The rest was pretty much the same as installing the DCAEK.
    5. The only trouble spot I encountered was inserting the trigger pivot pin. I had a little bit of trouble getting things aligned, but was able to start over, work the slave pin through the holes a few times, make sure the trigger spring hole stayed rounded, and eventually got it to all come together.

Range report to follow.
    Last edited by adoddere; June 24th, 2011 at 03:22 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default I shot this setup for the first time this morning ...

All I can say is WOW. I had no idea the trigger and barrel would make that much of a difference. As i mentioned before, very little pre-travel and almost no over-travel.

As for the FSS & trigger -- Crisp, short and consistent pull that I would estimate in the 4lb range.

I've never shot that gun anywhere near that well. I put 4 mags (68 rounds) into a baseball size diameter at 7 meters, several in the 10 ring. At 15 meters, it was more of the same, though not quite as tight at that distance.

Then I let a friend, who's a much better shooter than me empty a mag -- he shot out the entire 10 ring from 7 meters and proclaimed he's never shot better with a 9mm in his life.

Frankly, I'm suprised at how pleased I am.

Default Re: M&P 9mm with APEX FSS & Trigger Installed (Updated with Range Report) ...

Its always nice when you dive right in and it ends up working out. Good Stuff.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: M&P 9mm with APEX FSS & Trigger Installed (Updated with Range Report) ...

That's exactly what I was wanting to hear...

1/4" pre-travel sounds longer than what I've been hearing it was supposed to be. Not that that's a bad thing. Might even be better.

(Allegheny County)

I am hoping to get some life fire through one soon. I wouldnt mind it for my M&P, but the price is a touch steep.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...