Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default What are your thoughts on the King Cobra 357?

What are your thoughts on the Colt King Cobra 357? I like my King Cobra its stainless Steel and a very good looking Gun. It handles the 357 magnum round very easily compared to a K frame Smith. It has some of the Pythons looks but not its slick DA trigger its more like the Mark IVs,(I've owned a MIV or was it III) a big & rugget revolver, the King Cobra is more refined. I like my 686s DA trigger better then the KCs but the KCs SA pull is shorter and better then the 686.

As a Duty weapon I go 686 as a Hunter the King Cobra, either one could pull both duties. Whats your thoughts?
    Last edited by Neko456; June 22nd, 2011 at 06:00 PM.

Default Re: What are your thoughts on the King Cobra 357?

I think it is the basic Dirty Harry revolver in .357. My favorite is the 6" barreled model. I have tried to trade a Taurus Tracker .44mag for one a few times, just for better speed shooting control, and the fact that .357 is a bad ass round and is cheaper to shoot, but I don't want to give my Tracker away.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Chester County)

The KC is a great gun for sure. I shot one side by side with my 686 both 6" barrels... only slight differences.

(Blair County)

It was the first gun I ever bought by myself. It is the favorite gun Ive ever had and in a 4" blued version in perfect condition it is one of my grail guns. I hate myself every time I think about having sold it in 1994. The finish was so shiny it almost glowed, it seemed to have a depth to it like it had been clearcoated. I loved everything about it. I bought mine in the Rod and Gun club on my army base in Germany in 1990ish. I brought it back with me on the plane from Germany. And carried it home with me after being discharged when the Army bus dropped me off in the Philli bus terminal at 2 AM on a friday...I lived in DC....I had to wait till 530 for the next bus and I was carrying 3 years worth of belongings, and all my seperation pay...about 4k cash and 2k in savings bonds.
    I took my duffel into the mens room and loaded this up and carried it from Philly to DC. It concealed pretty well in my class As considering I had no holster.

I rarely see the model Im looking for, for sale. When I do its usually 1200$ or more...or in really horrible shape. Are parts still available for these?

(Blair County)

(Allegheny County)

Wow. Well, one thing is for sure: they hold their value. Whether you think they're great guns or you fall into the "just paying for the pony" camp they sure keep commanding high prices.

P.S. I'm in the first group!

I like my kc I didn't know that the price had jumped up on them too! Its common to see a $1100 or $1500 Python used around here but I haven't seen many King Cobra for sale most people are holding on to them. Just like me.

(Westmoreland County)

I have a 6" King Cobra and I love it. It is a little inferior to my Python but still light years better than most other equivalent revolvers that I have shot.

If you can find one for a good price...bag it! Or better yet, get a Python!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!