Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default Another SBR question

I would like to install a stamped reciever trunion on my AK pistol. This will give me a few stock options.

Question is, after all the paper work is finished and approved can I change stocks, lets say from a standard wooden stock to a lever activated wire folding stock, will I need to report that to the ATF?

I have a lot of time on my hands lately so I think of these things.

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Another SBR question

As long as you keep the original configuration (stock) that is on your Form 1 then you are good to go to switch stocks as you please.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by 00boraslow View Post
    As long as you keep the original configuration (stock) that is on your Form 1 then you are good to go to switch stocks as you please.
    I thank you sir.

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Lehigh County)

I was looking at getting a Colt LE M4 from JB Arms out of the Philly area. Since it is in PA and so am I, can I assume ownership of said rifle as long as I do not put together weapon (upper and lower receiver) to form a SBR until my F1 clears ATF? Or do I have to wait until I have F1 in hand to take it home with me?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by kahamlett View Post
    I was looking at getting a Colt LE M4 from JB Arms out of the Philly area. Since it is in PA and so am I, can I assume ownership of said rifle as long as I do not put together weapon (upper and lower receiver) to form a SBR until my F1 clears ATF? Or do I have to wait until I have F1 in hand to take it home with me?
    You have to wait until the form 1 returns to you before you can take ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by kahamlett View Post
    Wouldn't a Colt LE M4 be a complete Title II weapon to start with? (MODEL SP6921(?))
    If so it would transfer to you on a Form 4, & you'd have to wait to pick it up till they get your Form 4 back approved.
    Last edited by GUNGUY45; December 22nd, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
    NEVER TRUST A PRIVATE WITH A LOADED WEAPON OR AN OFFICER WITH A MAP

Quote Originally Posted by 00boraslow View Post
    You have to wait until the form 1 returns to you before you can take ownership.
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNGUY45 View Post
    Wouldn't a Colt LE M4 be a complete Title II weapon to start with?
    If so it would transfer to you on a Form 4, & you'd have to wait to pick it up till they get your Form 4 back approved.
    They are correct (except for the Form 1/Form 4 confusion: a transfer is on a 4, making is on a 1). While it's possible to "un-SBR" a registered SBR, and then transfer it directly to you like any other Title I firearm, you would then be required to Form I it and pay the $200 making tax if you wanted to make it into an SBR again. And you'd have to etch your name, city, & state on the gun.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.