Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Exclamation Obtaining LTCF Phila Questions ?

Looking to obtain my LTCF in Phila. Nothing on my record, exept simple mistameanor when i was 15 or 16 .. which i did probation for and was successfully completed. Will this affect me getting a LTCF ?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Obtaining LTCF Phila Questions ?

What subclass misdemeanor?

Here are PA crime/penalty categories from http://www.pennsylvania-criminal-def...nalcharges.htm
    Felony
    F1 - Up to 20 Years in Prison (Aggravated Assault w/a Deadly Weapon, Drug Distribution or Trafficking)
    F2 - Up to 10 Years in Prison (Burglary, Sexual Assault, Arson)
    F3 - Up to 7 Years in Prison (Drug Offenses, Firearms, Major Theft

Misdemeanor
    M1 - Up to 5 Years in Prison (Simple Assault, Terroristic Threats, DUI (multiple offense))
    M2 - Up to 2 Years in Prison (Retail Theft/Shoplifting, Fraud/Bad Checks)
    M3 - Up to 1 Year in Prison (Marijuana Possession, Petty Thefts)

Other
    Summary Offense - Up to 90 days in Jail (Disorderly Conduct, many Traffic Offenses)
    Here is a summary of disqualifying offenses from http://paopencarry.org/forum/does-my...ning-t-92.html

Disqualifying offenses for Pa. LTCF
    *Any conviction under The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act, regardless of sentence (per 18 PACS §6109(e)(1)(ii).
    *Any conviction on a Misdemeanor 2 or higher (per §6109(e)(1)(viii), unless such disability has been waived or pardoned (per 18 PACS §6123). The noted statute prohibits licensing of anyone convicted of a charge that is "punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year."

Disqualifying offenses for firearm ownership
    *Any conviction on a Misdemeanor 1 or higher (per US Title 18, §922(g)(1)). The noted statute prohibits possession by anyone convicted of "a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.", but §921 clarifies that this does not include "any Federal or State offenses pertaining to antitrust violations, unfair trade practices, restraints of trade, or other similar offenses relating to the regulation of business practices" or "any State offense classified by the laws of the State as a misdemeanor and punishable by a term of imprisonment of two years or less." Potential avenues of relief from this disability are contained in US Title 18, §925.
    *Any conviction in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (per US Title 18, §922(g)(9)).
    In other words, if you were convicted of M2 or higher (M1, all F's) or under "The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act", you will not qualify for a LTCF.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Delaware County)

In Philly,,,,, they'll probably try to get you on a "character" clause. Make sure you have ALL the paperwork from the incident and you can dispute their decision, should that be the way it works out.

Just fill out the paper work honestly and see what happens.

Good Luck.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Butler County)

I have a misdemeanor or 2 from TN, and I got my permit and can legally do all the gun stuff. My charges (If I remember correctly) were retarding the passage of mail, and improper storage of gunpowder. I was 18 at the time, and that was over 20 years ago. I have no idea what class or anything those charges were, but apparently they were nothign to stop from getting a LTCF. I would just apply for it and let it ride. See what happens
    Last edited by MicroMonkey; June 20th, 2011 at 08:50 PM.