Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Treestands for fat people

im 360 i need a stand that is portable but can safely handle my big juicyness haha i was lookin at screaming eagle stands but i would like more of an optin other than lose the weight

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Treestands for fat people

keep your juiciness on the ground dude! The biggest Summit hits 350 pound limit and you are just over that. If anything happens and you fall from the stand are you going to be able to get back up on it? the Screaming Eagle stands are hang ons, can you get up a set of cilmbing sticks or a tree ladder?

Look into a good quick blind
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Philadelphia County)

i may be heavy but i do 2 sets of pull ups and chin ups a day pretty sure i can swing it .tree ladders and ropes with climbing knots also not a problem

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by magras View Post
    im 360 i need a stand that is portable but can safely handle my big juicyness haha i was lookin at screaming eagle stands but i would like more of an optin other than lose the weight
    I'm a big guy myself (280) I have been using a Loggy Bayou for as long as I can remember I think the limit on it is 250 but they always have a little wiggle room built into them for weight limit and liability. I have never had an issue with mine. I climb up and down the tree with the stand every time I hunt and when i get in the tree im usually there the entire day (unless a serious bathroom emergency comes up). I came out of that tree stand about 5 yrs ago and im grateful for my safety harness, it defiantly saved my a$$ that day. It was of no fault of the stand, it was all my fault. I was coming down at the end of the day, I was tired and stiff and in a hurry to get home, the trees was wet and the stand slipped a little and well there I was hanging from my fully body harness 18 ft in the air. I had to make a cell phone call for one of my friends to rescue me with a ladder.

Bottom line . . . . Pick a good stand but ALWAYS pick a better harness . . .

Rob

(Somerset County)

You might weigh 360 but how much do you weigh at 'hunting weight"? Add up all those heavy clothes, a rifle, food, thermos, etc and I'll bet you're pushing 380 or better. Your stand will have to support all that too.

Dale

(Philadelphia County)

ill just get the damn screamin eagle it has no limit i really wanted a climber though i dont really plan on going above maybe 12 to 15 feet where i go there is no need to touch the sky

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by magras View Post
    ill just get the damn screamin eagle it has no limit i really wanted a climber though i dont really plan on going above maybe 12 to 15 feet where i go there is no need to touch the sky
    don't forget finding a way of climbing up there and getting on stand. most have a limit of between 260 - 300 pounds

http://www.greatbowhunting.com/store...097652414.html

make sure you get the Large seat, that tiny little seat would suck ass
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RBELARDI View Post
    I'm a big guy myself (280) I have been using a Loggy Bayou for as long as I can remember I think the limit on it is 250 but they always have a little wiggle room built into them for weight limit and liability. I have never had an issue with mine. I climb up and down the tree with the stand every time I hunt and when i get in the tree im usually there the entire day

Bottom line . . . . Pick a good stand but ALWAYS pick a better harness . . .

Rob
    I believe there probably is a higher weight limit than what is their posted limit. Do you use the continuous strap LB used to give with their stands?
    I tried out the strap quite a few times at a pretty low elevation and hung with all my stuff without issue but it's nothing like the body harnesses we use at work.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    I believe there probably is a higher weight limit than what is their posted limit. Do you use the continuous strap LB used to give with their stands?
    I tried out the strap quite a few times at a pretty low elevation and hung with all my stuff without issue but it's nothing like the body harnesses we use at work.
    mine is like this :

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...ab=Accessories

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RBELARDI View Post
    300 pound limit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast