Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AZ Gun Permit

Default AZ Gun Permit

I received my Arizona Gun Permit Application Materials. I will get the fingerprint cards done. However, do I need any passport photo. Also will the copy of my FL CCW be good enough for the training requirement. All I received is a short application and two print cards.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: AZ Gun Permit

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    I received my Arizona Gun Permit Application Materials. I will get the fingerprint cards done. However, do I need any passport photo. Also will the copy of my FL CCW be good enough for the training requirement. All I received is a short application and two print cards.
    No photo required for AZ
    A copy of your FL permit will suffice since training was recquired for your FL CCW

Both fingerprints are required but do not need to be completed by law enforcement.

we can assist with your fingerprints if needed

gbrown221
    Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer
    (215) 310-5436

(Montgomery County)

I just posted this in another thread, but can anyone verify this? It says 8 hours or training are required which must take place in the state of AZ???

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/N...entPermits.pdf

(Allegheny County)

their training requirements are a bit confusing. a dd214 works. nra course works. anything with live fire pretty much works.

If you possess documentation, as stipulated in ARS § 13-3112(E)(6)(b-d), you may qualify to obtain a permit without attending the DPS approved firearms-safety training course. Please contact the Concealed Weapons Permit Unit to obtain an application packet.

ARS § 13-3112(E)(6). Has ever satisfactorily completed a firearms safety training program authorized by the department of public safety pursuant to subsection N, paragraph 1 of this section or has ever demonstrated competence with a firearm as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 of this section and provides adequate documentation that the person has satisfactorily completed a training program or demonstrated competence with a firearm in any state or political subdivision in the United States. For the purposes of this paragraph, "adequate documentation" means:

(a) A certificate, card or document of completion from a firearms safety training program authorized pursuant to subsection N, paragraph 1 of this section, dated not more than five years earlier than the date of application, that has affixed to it the stamp, signature or seal of the instructor or organization that conducted the program, or a current or expired permit issued by the department of public safety pursuant to this section.

(b) An original or copy of a certificate, card or document that shows the applicant has completed any course or class prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 or 9 of this section or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club or organization that conducted or taught the course or class attesting to the applicant's completion of the course or class.

(c) An original or a copy of a United States department of defense form 214 (DD-214) indicating an honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions, a certificate of completion of basic training or any other document demonstrating proof of the applicant's current or former service in the United States armed forces as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section.

(d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 7 of this section
    the state police will do your prints for free.

Quote Originally Posted by ah0873 View Post
    I just posted this in another thread, but can anyone verify this? It says 8 hours or training are required which must take place in the state of AZ???

That's for AZ residents, I believe.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ah0873 View Post

That part was removed with a law that took effect in July 2010.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    That part was removed with a law that took effect in July 2010.
    I thought so - just confused because the pdf said it had been updated May of this year. Thanks for all of the clarification.

(Lancaster County)

I applied for my Arizona permit three weeks ago and haven't received anything yet. How long have others waited for their permits. I am wondering if the time frMe has changed since Rizona has gone to constitutional carry,,,,

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPM View Post
    I applied for my Arizona permit three weeks ago and haven't received anything yet. How long have others waited for their permits. I am wondering if the time frMe has changed since Rizona has gone to constitutional carry,,,,
    Mine took alittle over 3 weeks a few months ago. I used my Utah permit as proof of training. No live fire with Utah.

Same, a little over 3 weeks... so it's probably going to show up real soon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast