Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Question Local Indoor Ranges?

Just wondering if some of you locals can recommend a decent indoor range other than Anthony Arms in or near the Pittsburgh area?

If you do post of a place, could you please include approximate how much it costs and if they require you to buy ammo from them or if you can bring your own.

Thanks!
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Local Indoor Ranges?

There's a real shortage of indoor ranges around here. So much so that at least two groups are considering building new ones around the area (hopefully one in Cranberry). Before I joined a club I used to take my guns with me on business trips to Ohio so I could shoot with a client there because they have several nice indoor ranges to choose from and I couldn't find any here.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    There's a real shortage of indoor ranges around here. So much so that at least two groups are considering building new ones around the area (hopefully one in Cranberry). Before I joined a club I used to take my guns with me on business trips to Ohio so I could shoot with a client there because they have several nice indoor ranges to choose from and I couldn't find any here.
    Thats a damn shame.
    Considering all of the firearm enthusiast in this area, there ought to be more ranges.

Maybe thats why Anthony Arms are such a rip off. They know they are the only ones in town.

Im sick of driving clear to Morgantown just to shoot pistols.
    What about up in Butler county or further east of Pittsburgh?

I'll go anywhere in a 20-30 mile radius.

My roommate just got a new Ruger LC9 and I want to shoot it because I was thinking about getting one too.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Allegheny County)

PMSC is a good club with an indoor range, and for me, yearly dues are cheaper than one trip to Anthony Arms.

(Allegheny County)

My dad has been talking a lot about opening a range in Pittsburgh. He looked into re-opening Bullseye on Campbells Run Road but the building was purchased/leased by another company.

I don't go to Anthony Arms just because they make you use their ammo and they bitch about everything. They don't let me rapid fire and make me wear safety glasses OVER my regular glasses which are rated at the highest impact resistance level already! So yea that place is just annoying.

I go to A&S Indoor Pistol Range in Youngwood. Takes me about 40 minutes to get there as long as I go at the right time.

It's about $16-17 for an hour but you can't use your own targets. However they let you rapid fire. Rifles are allowed Wednesday nights and all day Sunday. I believe shotguns are always allowed.

It really does suck though that the major city in the area doesn't have a single good public shooting range.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by itznfb View Post
    My dad has been talking a lot about opening a range in Pittsburgh. He looked into re-opening Bullseye on Campbells Run Road but the building was purchased/leased by another company.

I don't go to Anthony Arms just because they make you use their ammo and they bitch about everything. They don't let me rapid fire and make me wear safety glasses OVER my regular glasses which are rated at the highest impact resistance level already! So yea that place is just annoying.

I go to A&S Indoor Pistol Range in Youngwood. Takes me about 40 minutes to get there as long as I go at the right time.

It's about $16-17 for an hour but you can't use your own targets. However they let you rapid fire. Rifles are allowed Wednesday nights and all day Sunday. I believe shotguns are always allowed.

It really does suck though that the major city in the area doesn't have a single good public shooting range.

Thanks for the info.

Also, if your dad does open a range and needs a reliable and safe employee I would be very interested.

I'll have to check out and A&S and see what the hours are.
    Do they let you shoot your own ammo?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Also, if your dad does open a range and needs a reliable and safe employee I would be very interested.

I'll have to check out and A&S and see what the hours are.
    Do they let you shoot your own ammo?
    Yea hopefully we can find a location and start digging into to all the legal/environmental crap involved.

Yea they let you shoot your own ammo. That is really my primary reason for driving the extra miles over Anthony Arms.

Here is the web site:
    http://www.indoorpistolrange.com

Hours of Operation:
    Monday - Closed
    Tuesday thru Saturday 11:00 A.M. until 9:00 P.M.
    Sunday 12:00 P.M. until 6:00 P.M.

(Allegheny County)

Is there a reason you don't want to just join a club? It's going to be cheaper and you will have better, private, facilities.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by offshorebear View Post
    Is there a reason you don't want to just join a club? It's going to be cheaper and you will have better, private, facilities.
    All the clubs I've seen that accept applications have terrible facilities with rules I don't care to practice under. Not saying a good club doesn't exist I just haven't found any or they are not accepting new members.

(Allegheny County)

Check out pmsc. Good facilities and no stupid rules. And its open membership.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast