Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default NAA .22 HG LLR Range Report

just took my new NAA .22 LR mini revolver with the 1 5/8" bbl and holster grip out for some quick first-time target practice with a mix of CCI velocitors and remington thunderbolts.

i was shooting at a head sized piece of paper from 10 yards. the first 5 rounds all hit the paper but were landing low and right. i reloaded and adjusted my grip and put the next 5 on the paper, with 3 in the 1" bullseye.

i was quite suprised at this kind of accuracy from what many write off as a belly gun. if you line up the base of the front sight with the rear notch so that the front sight covers your target (rather than "dotting the i") it is dead on.

i then tried drawing, cocking, and firing all in one motion as fast as i could and put 3 of the 5 rounds on the paper. i found that to be pretty phenomenal. that means that i can quick draw and make a headshot on a stationary target from 10 yards 3 out 5 times, first time i ever shot the gun, which convinces me that even under durress i have an excellent chance of hitting center mass from that distance.

i honestly cant say that from that distance it is any less accurate for me than my 5.25" .45.

overall it is extremely well made, as easy as it gets to clean, ridiculously concealable, and WAY more accurate than i expected. a better shot than me would have zero problem hollowing out a bullseye from 25 feet.

the holster grip is also great and opens and locks with a flick of the wrist.

one thing that suprised me was how freaking loud it is. hearing protection is a MUST or you will damage your ears.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: NAA .22 HG LLR Range Report

Loud indeed. You're pretty much sitting on a .22 lr. It's loud.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

XA,

Glad to see you had better luck than me, I have the .22 Magnum and at 7 feet I couldn't hit crap. I did 'Upgrade' it too the Folding hand grip you speak of, But have yet to try it out. I also "inherited" one similar to what yours is, But haven't shot that one yet.

Too be honest I always wanted one when living in Maryland, But of course you couldn't buy them there, Once I moved to PA it was the first gun I bought there I believe (Just cause I could) I'm in VA now and since both PA & VA are right to carry states, Mine mostly sits in the safe.

You are right though, They are exceptionally well built little handguns and maybe I need to revisit mine.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Chester County)

i cant imagine even holding the thing, let alone shooting it, without the holster grip. the grip is big enough for all of your fingers, locks tight, and gives you great control and zero muzzle jump. im predicting you will have wildly better results when you try it out.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    i cant imagine even holding the thing, let alone shooting it, without the holster grip. the grip is big enough for all of your fingers, locks tight, and gives you great control and zero muzzle jump. im predicting you will have wildly better results when you try it out.
    True that. I inherited a Freedom Arms belt-buckle edition in .22LR. As the forerunner to NAA - built like a Swiss watch in stainless.

But - the "bird's head" grip to use when buckled is more like a hummingbird's head - nothing to hang on to. The only Freedom Arms option to the bird's head is their "larger????" SAA-style grips in plastic that make the belt buckle holster unusable.
    Even still, the muzzle-whip in .22LR makes it a noisemaker. With .22Shorts you can hit much better. And the CCI .22Long CBs are even better still.

These are still fun guns and a box of .22 goes a long way with these...

here's the NAA forums:

http://www.naaminis.com/discus/messa...tml?1308587458
    Last edited by nfafan; June 20th, 2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Add .22L CB's

(Jefferson County)

You must buy everyone a box of 22LR up to and including me that has read this range report..

You failed to abide by forum rules of providing a picture of at least the gun with the review.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!