Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Warren County)

Default Wild Wind in Starbrick, PA

I just visited this shop for the second time as it's close to my parents house but not mine (300 miles). I was in there on Saturday to do a transfer of a handgun my buddy was buying off of me. They completed the transaction quickly and were very friendly. While we were waiting I was checking out 2 used over/unders they had there. I must have handled both (Browning Citori & Ithaca model 600) a dozen times. As they were closing it looked liked it'd be a wash as they were closed on Sunday and Monday due to the holiday. And I had to be back home by Monday for work/school. In talking with one of the guys their (Collin) I told him that I couldn't make a decision at that time as I needed to consult with my wife. Sometimes buying a gun has way more consequences then just the price of the gun. He understood and gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him if I go the ok from the boss and he would re-open the shop and sell me the gun I wanted. I thanked him and sent off a text to my wife and she gave me the ok. I called Collin back and he met me at the store about 30 minutes later and we completed the transaction on the used Ithaca model 600. It's a great gun and I got it a very good price. Collin was very helpful and even pointed me to the less expensive of the 2 as its main purspose would be skeet/trap and not hunting. I can't say enough nice things about them and the shop. I will definitely make it a point to stop by there everytime I make the trip home to see my family.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Warren County)

Default Re: Wild Wind in Starbrick, PA

Anybody else have similar experiences at this shop or am I that endearing a customer? LoL.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Elk County)

Default Re: Wild Wind in Starbrick, PA

I've had three experiences, one where I bought a Saiga when the shop was in the old barn in Sugar Grove, the second at the new location when a friend and I stopped in, and my friend seemed to ask to look at every other gun in the rack while I bought a rifle. The owner was very patient and helpful, took his time and explained things in between calling PICS for my purchase. I played with the dog.

The second time I was there I found a magazine loader and stood at the counter with wallet out and a $50 bill in hand, and the owner was doing the same patient customer service thing with another customer, looking at several rifles. That's cool.

The other gentleman was in the room off to the left of the cash register, sort of an office, and was facing me. Sort of a big guy, I saw him wait on trade the first time I was there. He looked right at me, got up, took his stool, placed it just inside the door and sat back down with his back to me and continued talking to the guy sitting in a chair. Must have been an important discussion, but that kind of struck an offkey note with me, and I left the mag loader on the counter and left.

I had stood there for a little over 10 minutes, alternately playing with the dog as he was making the rounds of the customers and the shop. Yes, I could have asked for some assistance, but I thought it was sort of obvious, standing at the cash register counter with cash in hand. Maybe next time I will ask.

I would absolutely go back, because the owner is extremely patient and customer-service driven. And I love that black Lab.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.