Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: $49.95 PSA Lowers!!!

Darn. Would love to have a few.
    God Created Man. Sam Colt made them equal.
    FU BHO.

school me,
    can these be used for a SBR?

(Washington County)

I picked one up, had it sent to gunrunners of PA LLC in North Versailles

From what Ive read they are good, you cant go too worng with a stripped lower, but these are considered better than bottom of the barrel.

(Adams County)

PSA has a good reputation on ARFcom. The sale was supposed to be over at midnight on Sunday, but it was still going as of this morning. I ordered mine on Monday. I probably won't get it built anytime this year, but I couldn't let that price go.

They offer two lowers at that price. One is high shelf and one is low shelf, which I think has something to do with being able to put in a DIAS.

At the last York show, I think a stripped lower was $89. I should have bought two and went to the show and sold one for $75 and gotten half my money back. Oh well.

Though I have not gotten a shipping confirmation yet.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

Are they any good? You get what you pay for most times! Sometimes you run into some really good deals this sounds like one but is it? I hate to be firing and the hand grip break off in my hand. After spending all that money building a AR.
    Does anybody have in past experience with this Lower?
    It is tempting!

Everything I've seen about them has been positive. I'm willing to take the chance.

(Montgomery County)

Looks like a great deal but I cant find an FFL willing to do the transfer for me. Classic Pistol wants 50$ and Suplus City won't even touch it.

(Delaware County)

For those of you who missed out on the Father's Day sale at PSA, I just got an email saying they have lowers for sale again for $49.95 + $7 shipping now until they run out. Last time they claimed to have sold over 2000 lowers so who knows what their inventory is looking like.

Happy Shooting

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/1560.php

(Washington County)

I put my stripped lower togeather with a MOE lower parts kit and an MOE stock assembly from PSA's Fathersday sale a few days ago.

Im no expert, but everything looked good and it all went togeather easily.

Well, today I got the call from my FFL that my lowers had arrived. I ordered them the day after father's day, so it did take a bit for them to get here. I was slightly annoyed by the fact that I was charged for the lowers over a week and a half before they even shipped. That's the only negatives to these lowers. I will say that when they did ship though, they got here FAST. They got here in 2 days, so that was nice.

The lowers are nice, and actually slightly better than what I expected to pick up. I expected there'd be a little corners cut somewhere if they were selling them so cheaply, and finish might be one of them. The finish is great though, and looks good. I'm not an AR expert, and never owned one before, but I've handled and shot quite a few and am pretty detail oriented. There are no machine marks to speak of, just ever the slightest hint of some in the trigger group area, and you even need certain light to see those. The finish is smooth and consistent, very clean. I don't have all the parts to assemble an AR yet, this is just the start, but from what Saddlerocker said, everything seems to be to spec. Here's some quick photos that I took, sorry the digital camera isn't all that great, and these weren't in the best light. The serial number has been removed, they do come marked, lol. They look like any standard AR really, but I'll be happy to take some others if people like. The photo from above, where it looks like part of the finish is missing is just the flash reflection, it's all finished the same as the rest. I got one of the pictograph (bullet pictures), and one with the words ("safe" & "fire"). Both look great, and they seem like a heck of a deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast