Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Finally Got a Polymer Kahr. I'm Not Disappointed! Some Quick CW9 Impressions

I've been in the market for a polymer Kahr for a long time, and finally got one yesterday. I bought a CW9 off a member and promptly went to the range with a buddy to try it out. Shot 200 rounds of Federal ball and 100 rounds of my self defense ammo of choice. It all went swimmingly.

I'm quite pleased with Kahrs "budget" line. It's very light, lighter than I thought it would be. Recoil is also less than I figured it would be. I've also already got a bunch of holsters that will work with the gun, which is a big plus.

I'd considered chopping the grip on this gun down to the size of a PM9, to give it a similar profile to my K40 Covert. I don't know if I'm gonna do that now. I actually like the size of it. We'll have to see.

Last edited by rwb1500; June 18th, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Finally Got a Polymer Kahr. I'm Not Disappointed! Some Quick CW9 Impressions

Congrats on the CW9. I agree with you about the Kahr budget line. I have a CM9 which has been flawless through 500 rounds of fmj and jhp.

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Finally Got a Polymer Kahr. I'm Not Disappointed! Some Quick CW9 Impressions

Nice rig! I've considered at the CW9 because I like the way the Kahr's fit my hand. I ended up getting a Gen 4 Glock 19. I think both are really good guns.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Nice rig! I've considered at the CW9 because I like the way the Kahr's fit my hand. I ended up getting a Gen 4 Glock 19. I think both are really good guns.
    The Glock 19 is a great gun. I carried one for a while, but the thickness just got to me. The Kahr is a little better for me, but I do like the capacity and the finish on the Glock. The aftermarket for Glocks is huge too, which is one of the only things I dislike about Kahr.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    The Glock 19 is a great gun. I carried one for a while, but the thickness just got to me. The Kahr is a little better for me, but I do like the capacity and the finish on the Glock. The aftermarket for Glocks is huge too, which is one of the only things I dislike about Kahr.
    I'm concerned about the thickness of the 19 especially for summer carry. I'm considering the Ruger LC9. I've not picked up any Kahr that did not feel like it belonged in my hand. I'm sure you will enjoy carrying and shooting your CW9.

Mike

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I'm concerned about the thickness of the 19 especially for summer carry. I'm considering the Ruger LC9. I've not picked up any Kahr that did not feel like it belonged in my hand. I'm sure you will enjoy carrying and shooting your CW9.

Mike
    The 19 is doable, lots of people carry one. The right holster makes all the difference.

Looks like both of us did a little shopping, yesterday. I spoke to a dealer, yesterday, at a gun show, and he was telling me he cannot keep these pistols in stock. It is the pistol my wife wants for carry.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Looks like both of us did a little shopping, yesterday. I spoke to a dealer, yesterday, at a gun show, and he was telling me he cannot keep these pistols in stock. It is the pistol my wife wants for carry.
    Buds has them, their prices are pretty competitive too. I paid a little much for my used one, but the seller was out of work and needed to pay the bills, so I didn't mind helping a brother out.

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Buds has them, their prices are pretty competitive too. I paid a little much for my used one, but the seller was out of work and needed to pay the bills, so I didn't mind helping a brother out.
    A friend of mine has one and we are soon to take a trip over to see him. He's going to let her run some rounds through his to be sure she likes it good enough and then we'll buckle down on finding one. Preciate the info, and will look, tonight.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    A friend of mine has one and we are soon to take a trip over to see him. He's going to let her run some rounds through his to be sure she likes it good enough and then we'll buckle down on finding one. Preciate the info, and will look, tonight.
    Absolutely. I was impressed by the lack of recoil. It is 9mm, but for such a small, light gun it handles it very well. It could be that I don't perceive recoil very well because I almost exclusively shoot small light guns chambered in larger calibers, but I think it's pretty mellow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast