Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Glock Combat modifications

Okay, so recently I have been getting really into the whole training and preparation of the day I MAY have to use my firearm to save a life.

What do you have done to your glock in order to make it more combat effective?

I am talking extended slide releases, extended mag releases, grips, anything that in effect make it more suitable and more reliable.

I just got into really reading up on some of this stuff. Here is what I the direction I am going with mine.

Glock 19 9mm, as of right now I have a completely stock pistol. I just ordered the Glock Factory extended slide release. I am also ordering decal grips for it this coming week. It rolls on my person with 2 15 round mags and 1 10 round for back up. 3 mags total, 1 in gun, 2 in pockets or mag pouches.

The slide releases are not ideal in my mind, which is why I am trying the extended one out. The factory one on my glock is VERY smooth, and at times tough to use. Hard to get a good grip on in my opinion, thus making it unreliable in a fire fight.

I have read into mag releases, and I haven't plunged on one yet, because I have heard issues of accidentally dropping mags out and not even knowing it. Wouldn't that suck?

Anyone else have a combat ready glock they would like to throw input in feel free.

Please, don't turn this into a flame fest. I really would like some honest input on what people have done to their glocks and WHY.

If they are universal upgrades, like grips and lasers or lights, feel free to share no matter what firearm you have it on.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Glock Combat modifications

Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Allegheny County)

Glocks don't need anything other than factory parts to be reliable, they run right out of the box. I would not put any aftermarket parts on except for sites on a Glock.

Extended controls are user prefrence and there again I'd stick with factory Glock parts for that as well.

(Luzerne County)

I put bullets in the mag. The mag into the glock.

Done.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lancaster County)

That is the exact site I was referencing to that made me decide to not try one out yet. Maybe down the road I will give it some testing, but for now, not going to try it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Glocks don't need anything other than factory parts to be reliable, they run right out of the box. I would not put any aftermarket parts on except for sites on a Glock.

Extended controls are user prefrence and there again I'd stick with factory Glock parts for that as well.
    I only use factory glock everything. I don't even use mags that aren't glock factory mags, even though some of the other mags are "said" to be as reliable, I am not trusting it.

I am not in any way bashing the glock. Don't think that. I am just interested to see what people have on their glocks and why.

I agree that the glock is ready out of the box, seeing as I have had mine for going on 3 years and not ONCE had a FTE, FTF, Fail to Fire, or anything like that.

Glock perfection is right!

I keep mine completely stock for reliability and familiarity with other stock glocks. If SHTF, and I need to go between my various Glocks I want each one to function exactly the same. If I were to "upgrade" one then I would have to "upgrade" them all. This can get very expensive....

The "slide release" you are talking about is not a slide release. Rather, it is a slide stop. That is the reason why you are having problems with using it as a "slide release." That being said you should practice your weapon using it as a slide stop in case you ever need to use it as such. Train using your weak hand palm down over slide to release the slide to charge a round into the chamber.

If you MUST change parts I agree with the previous member's statement of staying with FACTORY Glock parts.

Hope this helps

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooter88 View Post
    I only use factory glock everything. I don't even use mags that aren't glock factory mags, even though some of the other mags are "said" to be as reliable, I am not trusting it.

I am not in any way bashing the glock. Don't think that. I am just interested to see what people have on their glocks and why.

I agree that the glock is ready out of the box, seeing as I have had mine for going on 3 years and not ONCE had a FTE, FTF, Fail to Fire, or anything like that.

Glock perfection is right!
    I prefer standard mag release for reason shown above. I have an extended one on my G35 but it's a range gun so no big deal. For carry I like standard mag and slide release.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooter88 View Post
    What do you have done to your glock in order to make it more combat effective?.
    Sold it and bought a XD40

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by FogleDW View Post
    Sold it and bought a XD40
    That's your fault, now go troll somewhere else.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast