Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Talo/EXO Glock 19?

I had, and traded away, a G19 quite a long time ago (to satisfy another craving at the time). I want to add one back into the collection. I've seen (and should have jumped on it) the EXO Glock 19, and was impressed. Granted, for my intended use (range gun, and just to get one back in my possession), the Fail Zero coating isn't going to mean much in terms of practicality, but if I'm going to get another G19, why not one of those? Any comments on them? The added cost over and above the standard G19, seems to be reasonable. Worth it? Thanks!

http://www.taloinc.com/glock.htm
    Last edited by marks; June 17th, 2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added URL
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Chester County)

Default Re: Talo/EXO Glock 19?

A friend of mine just got a Talo 17. I don't know anymore about the coating than what is on the website, but if you want a new Glock and prefer the stainless look it seems like the way to go, especially for the price. I thought it looked very sharp.

(Montgomery County)

Def cool looking...have heard good things about the durability, but honestly for me, on a range gun, I wouldn't want to pay more for it. I have a 19 and have shot a ton of ammo through it. Still looks like the day I bought it, and its been carried and shot regularly. Just my 2 cents.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MLN View Post
    Def cool looking...have heard good things about the durability, but honestly for me, on a range gun, I wouldn't want to pay more for it. I have a 19 and have shot a ton of ammo through it. Still looks like the day I bought it, and its been carried and shot regularly. Just my 2 cents.
    Valid point to be sure. They'll already stand up to virtually anything.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrody View Post
    A friend of mine just got a Talo 17. I don't know anymore about the coating than what is on the website, but if you want a new Glock and prefer the stainless look it seems like the way to go, especially for the price. I thought it looked very sharp.
    Yeah, they look nice, and many come with night sights, which I'd want anyway. I guess it comes down to whether or not I can find one, and the price. It's not going to offer me much, if anything, other than the look.

(Montgomery County)

I see the point to the treatment so the weapon becomes self lubricating, but on a glock it seems unnecessary. I hardly put any lube on my 19 and it has never had a malfunction. Either way you are gonna get a solid gun, regardless if its coated or not. Good luck.

(Montgomery County)

HAha,, thanks for posting that link.. I was at Classic Pistol yesterday and saw the EXO model Glock and was wondering what that meant. Dunno what model it was..

Since you are looking, might be worth giving them a call..

(Montgomery County)

I love the night sights on my 19. I also have a 3.5 lb ghost rocket connector with an over-travel stop and it is epic. Great for a range gun, but i took it out for carry.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    HAha,, thanks for posting that link.. I was at Classic Pistol yesterday and saw the EXO model Glock and was wondering what that meant. Dunno what model it was..

Classic def has some good stuff there, but in my experiences they overcharge for all their guns IMHO.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post

Well, the EXO Glock 19 will have to wait, as I was at Classic this afternoon, and bought an EXO Glock 27. Hey, you can't have too many Glocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast