Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Cannon CS20 Gun Safe on sale @ Costco

Update: Sale extended until April 24th!

I couldn't find this posted anywhere so I thought I'd let others know that Costco is offering the Cannon® CS20 Gun Safe for $569 delivered until April 24th (that's $200 off). The Cannon site doesn't seem to list this exact safe online, it just redirects you to Costco's site. It appears to be related to the "Scout Series" of safes. Lots of features for under $600!

Key points:

19.44 CF
    420lbs
    Ext Dim: 60” H x 28" W x 21" D (including handle)
    Int Dim: 58 ˝ H x 26 ˝ W x 17 5/8 D
    30 min fire rating (wish it was more)
    Expandable fire seal helps keep out smoke and heat
    Commercial grade Type 1 electronic lock
    Up to 24 firearm capacity
    built in electrical supply power box w/USB and RJ45 pass through!
    Locking bolts are 1” in diameter with 4 “ length
    1” thick composite door? (I think it's 4" total)
    Spring loaded re-locker
    Adjustable shelves and convertible interior allows for use in a split or all rifle mode
    Pre drilled for bolting to floor
    Free repair or replacement of safe after burglary attack, fire or flood

Hopefully all the added features doesn't mean they cut corners elsewhere, because it seems like a great deal. I ordered one the other day after finding out Costco sold out of the Sentry®Safe EM1055EP for around $399. The Cannon will give me plenty of space to grow and seems MUCH safer than any SentryS. Keep in mind the free delivery is to the curb only, they cannot upgrade to a "white glove" inside house delivery for this item, I already asked. Once I receive it, I'll post a review.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...opnav=national

Mods, please delete link if it's not allowed, thanks.
    Last edited by C5pilot; April 4th, 2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Added pics & link

(Pike County)

Default Re: Cannon CS20 Gun Safe on sale @ Costco

Hey C5, by any chance do you have a web-link for this safe? I really want to buy one for my birthday so I can begin collecting rifles and the price is great.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Hey C5, by any chance do you have a web-link for this safe? I really want to buy one for my birthday so I can begin collecting rifles and the price is great.
    Added it to the bottom of the OP. Hope it's allowed to be posted. If it gets deleted just go to the Costco site, then Office Products, Safety & Security, Safes.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by C5pilot View Post
    Added it to the bottom of the OP. Hope it's allowed to be posted. If it gets deleted just go to the Costco site, then Office Products, Safety & Security, Safes.
    Thanks C5, as far as I know external links are allowed.

(Montgomery County)

The other day Costco sent me a follow-up email basically re-stating the importance of checking the safe for damage before signing for delivery. Since they wanted an emailed response back, I asked if the safes were stocked or built to order. Costco said they are built to order and presently expected to be delivered within 3 weeks.

Just my 2cents, Lowes also sell the Liberty safe line, 4 styles, 2 with elect. locks and 2 with tumbler locks, 14&20 gun.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jbird7262 View Post
    Just my 2cents, Lowes also sell the Liberty safe line, 4 styles, 2 with elect. locks and 2 with tumbler locks, 14&20 gun.
    Good to know but I don't think they have a deal that stacks up to this one at the moment. Closest thing on Liberty's site is the Centurion 20-DLX safe for $1058 when you upgrade it with an electronic lock (combo lock is $899). And they still don't offer features like power outlets and the best warranty in the country.

They also have this disclaimer:
    PLEASE NOTE: Local retailers carry a variety of Centurion models, including these entry level CN models described here. Most Liberty dealers carry the American made CENTURION DELUXE versions shown in Liberty Safe's American made lineup
    So be careful when searching the chain retailers. Anything below the Deluxe models aren't made in the USA, they're from China, hence the lower costs.
    Last edited by C5pilot; April 1st, 2011 at 11:20 AM.

$ 579 for the 14 gun, 4 locking bolts, just under $800 for the 20 gun, yeah they don't have the elec. hook ups installed but they are available, 30 min. fire rating, and they do run sales, you just have to catch them when they're on.

(Butler County)

I've been wanting to get a beefier safe-like unit for storage and this one is very tempting. However... how to people that buy these move them into their house? 420lbs is an awful lot to move - do you all just get a bunch of friends to do it? Some sort of really big appliance dolly? I have some ideas, but I'm wondering what works well for people.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
    I've been wanting to get a beefier safe-like unit for storage and this one is very tempting. However... how to people that buy these move them into their house? 420lbs is an awful lot to move - do you all just get a bunch of friends to do it? Some sort of really big appliance dolly? I have some ideas, but I'm wondering what works well for people.
    I moved a 625-lb Mesa safe by myself using only a mover's dolly (those little low things made out of 2x4's with 4 low wheels). It was delivered on a pallet so I was able to walk it onto the dolly, roll it into position and then walk it onto the floor. It was dicey and I came close to getting crushed, but I did do it.

BTW, Cannons are nice safes for the money and that seems like a pretty good deal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast