Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Probation and guns/ammo in the house

Since they have access to the database that isn't a registry they might be expecting you to divulge the serial numbers of the "databased" (not registered) firearms you have. As far as long guns, they don't know what you have, you may have legally sold any that you bought and had "databased" in your name. Just something to think about.

On the other hand, if you have balls like acosenza2's dad to tell them that you aren't the one on probation and aren't going t o be punished for her poor judgment that shouldn't be an issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    does deadly weapons include kitchen knives or chainsaws or hedge trimmers or baseball bats or sledgehammers or claw hammers or hypodermic syringes or cast iron frying pans.
    You know, those cast iron frying pans can be deadly more than one way. You're probably thinking of being walloped on the head, you've never tasted my cooking have you?

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Probation and guns/ammo in the house

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    All of that BS just for a DUI? Seems really harsh for a non-violent crime. The probation requirements must vary greatly county to county.

I just don't get it here. I know several people who had a DUI, and never heard about this requirement. One guy told me he was not allowed to buy guns or go hunting while on probation/ARD, but never had to empty the house or give a list.

Something else must be going on. Did she crash and injure someone, or cause major $$ in property damage? Plow into a police cruiser or ambulance/fire truck?

Sounds like a back-door attempt at gun registry.
    It was only non-violent because she didn't kill anyone because of her irresponsible behavior, which she very well could have done. It's luck that no one got hurt.

I don't know if the requirements are legal. Having to provide the information on the guns sounds fishy. In any case, if it were my niece, her ass would be on the street. I'm not about to disrupt my life, and get rid of my guns, because she acted like a moron, and risked the lives of every person she drove past that night. What she did was a selfish, thoughtless thing, and now people who weren't even involved with her stupidity are being punished.

Kick her out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123