Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default help me decide please

Please give me your thoughts on the 4 guns below. I have no experience with any of these companies except S&W but the revolver I have just isn't the same. I am having difficulty deciding on which one to get. Thanks.

If you don't trust links the guns are:
    CZ 2075 Rami
    S&W M&P9c w/ extention
    Ruger SR9c
    Taurus 24-7

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-2075-rami/

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr9c/models.html

http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...adcrumbseries=
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: help me decide please

Only brand I dont own in that list is a CZ. For me personally I do not like S&W, but thats just my personal preference. I have S&W 457 .45. I only keep it because it was my mothers. But I just do not like it. I carry a Taurus PT92 AF. I love that pistol, its never failed me really accurate and reliable. The CZ, I have seen lots of praises on them and really nothing negative about them. Ruger are well manufactured firearms as well. Best bet i would say is try to find them in a GS, and get a feel for them and see what fits best. Honestly only you can decide what fits you best and what your comfortable with.

(Centre County)

Out of all the guns listed I've owned two, the taurus and (currently) the M&P9c. The trigger on the taurus was horrid and I eventually traded it towards a G23. I never had alot of faith in the Taurus for carry duty. The M&P9c is a gun I carry quite often and never had any trouble with it. I also have the full size M&P9, which is another great gun.

You can get the X-grip in the aftermarket so don't feel obligated to get the "Talo Exclusive." It's a full size 9mm mag with the adapter. Midway just had a special on them not too long ago. It's awesome, though. Carry the compact mag all day and switch out for the full size mag (for a full size grip) for nightstand duty. I'd even say the 9c with the x-grip is more comfortable to hold than the FS. YMMV.

What will you be using this gun for? It will help others give you the right advice..........
    Last edited by FLICK; June 16th, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Allegheny County)

After fondling the SR9c today I can clearly see why the people who own them like them. Nice high hold like a steyr. Trigger is light for a striker fired gun and not mushy. Way better than a glock trigger overall. It feels small in the hand but not uncomfortable. Comes with the 17rd mag with extended grip that actually feels like it belongs in the gun. For $400.

I liked it so much if I didn't already have a G26 I would buy one. For the money I think this gun is great. After handling it today my buddy is buying one. So I'll get to shoot one soon. IF, it shoots better... Well... I might just have to get one.

I like that it goes from compact carry to nightstand gun by switching the mag, and say popping on a TRL.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    After fondling the SR9c today I can clearly see why the people who own them like them. Nice high hold like a steyr. Trigger is light for a striker fired gun and not mushy. Way better than a glock trigger overall. It feels small in the hand but not uncomfortable. Comes with the 17rd mag with extended grip that actually feels like it belongs in the gun. For $400.

I liked it so much if I didn't already have a G26 I would buy one. For the money I think this gun is great. After handling it today my buddy is buying one. So I'll get to shoot one soon. IF, it shoots better... Well... I might just have to get one.

I like that it goes from compact carry to nightstand gun by switching the mag, and say popping on a TRL.
    I'm personally not a fan of striker fire guns, but I think you hit the nail on the head here. The SR9c feels great in hand! The extra 17 round mag makes it a viable night stand gun. The price point looks great. I can't comment on how accurate the gun is but I'm sure for a defensive gun, it's going to preform great at 7-10 yards. And, if it's like any of the past rugers I've owned, it will be pretty damn reliable.

I have never shot the CZ, but have held it. I feels good to me. I have shot the others a number of times and there is really nothing about them I could not get used to. I bought the 24/7's (4 of them) because of the inexpense, lifetime warranty, and primarily, I felt they had the best ergonomics and they felt the best to me. It is my personal preference and the decision really should be yours. They are all good handguns. The accuracy just started to fall off of one of my 24/7's (OSS DS 9mm), but it has been used primarily for quick draw, speed, and plate shooting. It has over 9000 documented rounds through it and it has never broke, plus, it has survived 3 squibs with no ill effects.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

OP, I just have to ask, is there a reason that you're not considering a Glock 19? Its okay to just plain 'hate' a particular gun. Just asking, but out of the four guns listed, would take the M&P9C. It hides well, its rugged and it likes to be carried.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    OP, I just have to ask, is there a reason that you're not considering a Glock.
    Yea, or an HK or Sig, for that matter.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

I own two Rugers, a single six and an SR9. Both are quality guns.

(Berks County)

WarDog-I already like the ergos on the S&W, Taurus, and the Ruger. I am concerned that I will like the ergos on the CZ and I will not be any closer to narrowing down my decision.

FLICK- Thanks for the info on the aftermarket X Grips. I will mainly be using this gun for OC/CC and it will also be in my nightstand. I want to replace my current carry.

SCBaldr-I didn't care for the Glock and I want a manual safety.

300WM-The Sig 229 was too small for me. I didn't look into any HK's. My requirements were for a 9mm w/ a barrell of <3.5", overall length <7", 14+ rounds, weight <24, and something close to a full size grip on it, and hopefully I can place some night sights on it and possibly a laser. Feel free to throw more suggestions out.

Many thanks to everyone else.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast