Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Hornady Pro-7 Press Help Please

I recently acquired a Hornady Pro-7 progressive press. Unfortunately Hornady doesn't have any parts for this press anymore. It works fine but I need more shell plates. I've been in contact with Hornady and the Lock N Load and Pro-jector shell plates are not compatible with the Pro-7. Does any one have any leads on where I could get some shell plates for this press. I have the 38/357 plate which I think works for the 7.63X39 too. I'm looking for plates that will work for 380, 9mm, 45acp, 223, and 44. Any help would be great. Also, you if any of you have plates for this press you want to get rid of let me know.
    Thanks
    It's all fun and games, til someone shoots your bobber!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Hornady Pro-7 Press Help Please

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper78 View Post
    I recently acquired a Hornady Pro-7 progressive press. Unfortunately Hornady doesn't have any parts for this press anymore. It works fine but I need more shell plates. I've been in contact with Hornady and the Lock N Load and Pro-jector shell plates are not compatible with the Pro-7. Does any one have any leads on where I could get some shell plates for this press. I have the 38/357 plate which I think works for the 7.63X39 too. I'm looking for plates that will work for 380, 9mm, 45acp, 223, and 44. Any help would be great. Also, you if any of you have plates for this press you want to get rid of let me know.
    Thanks
    From what I'm reading, you can make Lock-N-Load shellplates work.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-243630.html
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Perry County)

I found that thread when I was searching the other night. I emailed Hornady to see if the plates for the Pro-Jector were compatible with the Pro-7 and they responded that they weren't. I can find plates that say they are compatible with the Lock N Load and Projector but they won't work for me.

(Montgomery County)

The poster in the link above is confusing the Pro-7 with the Pro-jector. Did Hornady give you any idea if a machine shop could alter the newer plates to make them compatable? "New old stock" Pro-jector plates are probably still available, not to mention buying them used for next to nothing. I'd ask if those could be altered easier than the newer EZ-ject plates. Good luck.

(Jefferson County)

I've been looking for a source, new or used, for the Pro-7 plates. ...nothing.

You might have to look into buying another press. No reason to get rid of the old Pro-7 unless you dont have room. Keep it for loading .38/.357/7.62x39. That would save you from having to setup a new press for those cartridges.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I've been looking for a source, new or used, for the Pro-7 plates. ...nothing.

You might have to look into buying another press. No reason to get rid of the old Pro-7 unless you dont have room. Keep it for loading .38/.357/7.62x39. That would save you from having to setup a new press for those cartridges.
    I paid $85 for the press. If it becomes a dedicated .38 press that loads .357 and 7.62X39 on occasion it will pay for itself in a short time. To bad I can't do my 45s on it but oh well. It is what it is. The press is in good shape so it'll give me plenty of reloading to come.

(Delaware County)

so I guess Hornady doesn't have a lifetime warranty on their presses?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    so I guess Hornady doesn't have a lifetime warranty on their presses?
    What makes you say that? All of their presses have a lifetime warranty. That doesn't mean they cover accessories. From dealing with their customer service I can say it appears they absolutely stand behind their product and want to make sure you're happy with it. I'd bet if he actually had a shell plate that broke, they would figure out a way to help him even though they aren't covered. As it stands, he's simply missing an accessory from an outdated product (past its sunset) and that's nobody's fault.

I would keep my eyes glued to all the usual places to find used equipment and buy plates as you see them even if you don't need them at the moment. I actually just saw a recently expired ad for a Pro-7 but he was missing the same plates. You know they're out there.
    Last edited by C5pilot; June 26th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.
    http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg142/C5-pilot/Sigs/AllysAmazingAmmo03a.jpg

(Perry County)

I curious to find out how they will honor their lifetime warranty if something does break on this press. Tech told me that they have absolutely no parts left for the Pro-7, so it will be interesting if something does break on the press.

(Centre County)

You might want to try going on to this site: castboolits.gunloads.com You can then pose your question to the members there. I had gotten an old Lyman Tru-Line Jr. Press that was missing the die holder turret and I got answers on where to find it and a member who had an old one to sell.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast