Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Weekday IDPA Shooting in Lanc/Leb/YorkDauphin???

I'm interested in trying out IDPA. However, my schedule is backwards from the rest of the world. I work 12 hour shifts every weekend. I have off Monday through Friday. So, if I'm going to do it I have to find something held during the week. I'm in Elizabethtown, Lancaster county and would like to find something fairly close. So far the only prospect I've found is in Hellertown, Pa on Tuesday nights. This will work except that it's a 2 hour drive. I'm willing to check it out, but if someone knows of something closer, please let me know.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Weekday IDPA Shooting in Lanc/Leb/YorkDauphin???

Quote Originally Posted by StoneMill View Post
    I'm interested in trying out IDPA. However, my schedule is backwards from the rest of the world. I work 12 hour shifts every weekend. I have off Monday through Friday. So, if I'm going to do it I have to find something held during the week. I'm in Elizabethtown, Lancaster county and would like to find something fairly close. So far the only prospect I've found is in Hellertown, Pa on Tuesday nights. This will work except that it's a 2 hour drive. I'm willing to check it out, but if someone knows of something closer, please let me know.
    West Shore has IDPA on Thursday nights, not sure if it is any closer than Hellertown.

(Lancaster County)

That's awesome. Just what I was looking for. Now, is it every Thursday? Need to find more info. Looks like it's about 35 mins or so to west shore, so that'll save me 1 1/2 hour one way. My father in law will probably join me too.

(Lancaster County)

A quick google shows matches taking place on Sundays. Anyone know specifics or who to contact for idpa. I need to find something during the week.

(Cumberland County)

Don't think any club holds matches during they week. Just knew WSSA has their practice Thursdays because I have made the mistake driven down on a few Thursdays.

(Franklin County)

While I don't encourage venturing into The People's Republic of Maryland, and I don't shoot IDPA, I believe the IDPA club located in Thurmont MD shoots during the week. I had looked at going down there for some matches, but I'd always have to take vacation days just to shoot.

Here's the link to their IDPA page: http://www.idpa.com/clublist.asp?pick=MD

Chip Hammond seemed like a decent guy (through email). And Thurmont, according to Google maps, would only be about 1 hr 20 min. Just don't carry concealed on the way down!!!
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you.

(Cumberland County)

Sorry if I am reviving an old and no-longer watched thread...

I am a member of SIGHTS which is the West Shore Sportsmens Association IPDA group. Your drive from Elizabethtown would take about 45 minutes as I routinely run between Mechanicsburg and E-Town.

Matches run the first Sunday of every month with no regular matches in November, December or January. Practices are every Thursday starting around 6:30, rain or shine. Once the daylight gets too short, we practice indoors and we practice year-round.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want any other info.
    Joel - JR Custom Leather

(Chester County)

Hey might be a drive for you but Double Action in Yeadon ( near Philly Airport ) has IDPA fourth Monday of each month - Good Match, Good Folks that run it and its shotgun start, so you just show up when ever between 5-8 and they run you thru

www.doubleaction.org

good luck

Jeff