Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Fulton County)

Default Re: boycott Robinson Arms

Alex Robinson has posted on a few forums
    Last edited by fultonCoShooter; January 5th, 2008 at 07:46 PM.

(Bucks County)

If Alex Robinson supports Romney like he supported his M96 rifle, that's not much support.
    C & R License Holder, Delaware Valley Fish & Game Assoc,
    Penna Rifle & Pistol Assoc, Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society, and NRA Lifetime Member.

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ppsh41 View Post
    If Alex Robinson supports Romney like he supported his M96 rifle, that's not much support.

you got a point there

but just having he support who he does posted on his website may influence some sheeple

(Allegheny County)

I know nothing about Alex Robinson, nor his company, nor the products that he makes. But I do know that he has the same right to vote, and support who he votes for as you and I do. This forum makes quite a point of standing up for the second amendment, but now it appears that we will trample on this man's rights because we don't agree with his political views.

I do agree that if you don't like this company's products, then you as a consumer don't have to buy them, but to bash this guy because he is exercising the rights afforded to him by the constitution...i'm not sure about that one.

PS: I wouldn't elect Mitt to be the local humane officer, rabid animals deserve better than him.
    No signature required.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by sgt7546 View Post
    I know nothing about Alex Robinson, nor his company, nor the products that he makes. But I do know that he has the same right to vote, and support who he votes for as you and I do. This forum makes quite a point of standing up for the second amendment, but now it appears that we will trample on this man's rights because we don't agree with his political views.

I do agree that if you don't like this company's products, then you as a consumer don't have to buy them, but to bash this guy because he is exercising the rights afforded to him by the constitution...i'm not sure about that one.

PS: I wouldn't elect Mitt to be the local humane officer, rabid animals deserve better than him.
    By that logic, everyone should accept support for Hillary Clinton. Would you buy a Glock or a Springfield Armory gun KNOWING that a portion of that sale would go directly to an anti-gun candidate? Say you love the product and customer service but only take discrepancy with the companies pandering and public attempt at persuading their customer base to vote for a candidate that is anti-gun.

I don't think anyone is saying this guy shouldn't vote at all. IMO, it's no different than Jim Zumbo. Is everyone against Zumbo's first amendment rights to say what he wants? No. But at some point when you mix politics and your income, you play a risky game of alienating your customer base.

Frankly, IMO, it's irresponsible for any company to publicly support a PRIMARY candidate. Many companies/people throw their money behind candidates. That's one thing. It's quite another when you post on your website and encourage all of your customers to do the same. At which point, it's just pompous to continue supporting a candidate that wants to 1: Shut your business down and 2: Ban the type of rifles in question.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Oblivously you missed the point, Alex is throwing tons of money towards someone who if elected will do his best to threaten ALL of our 2nd Ammendment rights. What's made matters worse is that when Alex was confronted with the facts about Romney and his intentions, Alex decided it is still in his best interest to support someone who is out to steal your and mine right afforded us by the Founders of this Great Nation.

By doing so Alex has earned the 'trash' that people are saying about him. He has also shown the rest of us that He has as much respect for your rights as Mitt does. He oblivously sees a chance to garner Polictical favor if Mitt gets elected.
    Recoil Happens

(Fulton County)

You know Mitt Romney is the reason noone in Massachusetts can own "assault weapons"

Romney signed a AWB 3 days after the national AWB sunseted

This isnt about who Alex Robinson personally decides to support this is about a Firearms manufacturer supporting a GUNGRABBER who has sold out the people of Massachusetts and as he stated on meet the press he would do it again.

its like burger king supporting someone who wants to ban meat

plus with statements like this and others made online i think this guy needs a check up from the neck up

We're the only company who's designed something new. Just look at the FN SCAR, the Piston driven ARs , or the Masada. They're just cheap knock offs of Stoner's work. I could have designed those in my sleep.

Alex J Robinson

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS View Post
    Would you buy a Glock or a Springfield Armory gun KNOWING that a portion of that sale would go directly to an anti-gun candidate? Say you love the product and customer service but only take discrepancy with the companies pandering and public attempt at persuading their customer base to vote for a candidate that is anti-gun.
    Yes, honestly if I entrusted that company to that degree of good customer service and such, I would buy the gun there. As for who, that company supports, just like on here, their opinion isn't necessarily my opinion.
    No signature required.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by fultonCoShooter View Post
    You know Mitt Romney is the reason no one in Massachusetts can own "assault weapons"

Romney signed a AWB 3 days after the national AWB sunseted

This isn't about who Alex Robinson personally decides to support this is about a Firearms manufacturer supporting a GUN GRABBER who has sold out the people of Massachusetts and as he stated on meet the press he would do it again.

No I wasn't aware of all that,

So if I am understanding it right, since Romney is a guy that we don't like since he has already demonstrated that he is anti-assault weapon, hence anti-2nd amendment, we should also not like or patronize business' that happen to think Romney is a good candidate.
    No signature required.

(Allegheny County)

Anyone consider that he is running a BUSINESS, and may not give a rat's ass if any civilians purchase his weapons?

I mean, he's trying to get government contracts... I'm guessing that gov. and/or law enforcement contracts would bring in more cash than civilian sales could.

From Wiki...
    The Robinson Armament XCR is a multi-caliber, gas piston weapon system developed by Robinson Armament Co. for U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) to satisfy the requirements of the SOF Combat Assault Rifle[1], or SCAR competition, but was disqualified on a technicality due to late delivery of blank firing adapters. Robinson Armament continued development and the XCR is now being offered to law enforcement, the military and general public. Deliveries of the rifle began in mid-2006.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast