Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: boycott Robinson Arms

My point was and still is, Alex J. Robinson couldn't have supported him because of Romney's stand on firearms.

Maybe he supported him based on religion, or cause he parted his hair a certain way, or cause of the car he drove, or they were gay lovers, or cause he likes the Giants, or cause he owns an albino three-legged ferret, or cause he can't type fast, or cause his favorite color is green, or cause his initial are the same a Mimi Rogers, who the hell cares it sure wasn't about the 2nd amendment!!!

Have a nice day.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Sounds to me like Romney and his Campaign just spiel off the typical Politician Bullshit -- Tell the People What You Think they want to hear, Then do as you please.

I decided a long time ago that Romney wasn't what this Country needs, Unfortunately for us, it is Slim Pickens out there and I don't mean the actor.
    Recoil Happens

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    http://www.robarm.com/XCR_Mitt_Romney.htm

Happy New Year!!! Support Mitt Romney

7:31 a.m. Jan 3, 2007

After posting the following statement in support of Mitt Romney below, on www.xcrforum.com, and www.ar15.com, I've received lots of input, mostly negative regarding Mitt Romney. Much of it could be regarded as hate mail. My email box is so full I can hardly get through it. Though not all of the comments are kindly written, I am very thankful for all who have taken their time to write and post.

Our common goal, if I dare state it, is to get someone in the Whitehouse who will say no to gun bans (and fix the rest of our county's country). Before supporting Romney, I asked his staff for his position on firearms. I was given the statement which I have linked below in July.)

Two of your comments have trouble me: 1) That he did sign a ban of "Assault Weapons" in Mass.; and 2) He stated he would sign anti-gun legislation if it came across his desk on "Meet the Press." I was not aware of this comment on "Meet the Press."

I have forwarded your (and my) concerns to his staff by email. I have asked for a clear statement that he will not ban the assault weapons. I also spoke to one of his top staffers who is in Iowa today. He promises a quick response.

I do still believe that in general Mitt Romney is the most qualified candidate for President. However, if he will not state unequivocally that he will protect and not ban our beloved assault rifles, I will not be able to continue to support him.

I will post any reply I get here. I thank you all for your fervor in protecting the Second Amendment. Be assured that I stand by you in this effort.

I sincerely hope for the sake of America that we can protect this vital of all liberties.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
    Manager
    Robinson Armament Co.
    I love in his letter he says he never knew Mitt would pass any AWB that came across his desk as president

How can you support someone you know nothing about?

aleast Bill Ruger knew what he was doing when he went anti "assault weapons"

(Fulton County)

did you see this?

I just finished viewing Mitt's statements on "Meet the Press." See You Tube Clip http://youtube.com/watch?v=F9Ygw9CQ9po

No wonder the gun owners are so angry with Mitt and me for supporting him. He comes right out and says he'd sign and Assault Weapon Ban and ban any other "weapon of high lethality" or something to that effect.

I hate to say it but what Mitt said couldn't have caused much more damage. All he had to say was that he would protect the lawful ownership of firearms and prosecute those who misuse firearms. He didn't have to alienate a huge portion of his current and potential support base.

Do you realize that the Democrats who voted for the Federal Assault Weapon Ban in 1994 were run out of office in the next few years precisely because of angry gun owners? Do you have any idea how active gun owners are politically? Do your realize that the Department of Justice determined that the 10 years of the ban had no positive effect on crime? The reason the Assault Weapon Ban wasn't re-instated is that most of the Democrats were too scared to vote for it again and the Justice Department found it unenforceable and unnecessary.

Mitt is not running for the Governor of Massachusetts. He's running for the President of the United States. There's no need to cater to the ultra-liberal left. He's not going to get that vote anyway. He seems very ill advised to have made the statements he made.

I've asked you campaign guys several times to clarify this Assault Rifle issue. You guys kept sending me Mitt's statement on the Second Amendment. If Mitt really doesn't feel the Second Amendment applies to Assault Rifles, I wish you would have made that clear when I asked the question at least twice before.

Now I've stuck my neck out in support of Mitt trying to make a small difference in these primaries. I had no idea that gun owners were so angry at Mitt. You cannot believe the email I'm getting from current and potential customers. They've threatened to stop buying our products and sell the ones they have. They've threatened everything short of killing me. I kid you not.

Whoever is in charge of firearms policy for Mitt's campaign needs to talk to me and fast. There's no one in the country who knows more about this subject or who can talk about it more intelligently than I can.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
    Manager
    Robinson Armament Co.

(Fulton County)

wow 27 pages on arfcom

found this on there

http://www.newsmeat.com/fec/bystate_...son&first=alex

Robinson Arms has given $9200 to Mitt Romney

when he said he would sign a bill to ban any weapon that would put a cops life in danger, what the hell does that mean? wont that lead to every gun being banned at one point? what a dick....i have other issues that are important to me but, my 2nd amendment right is VERY important...

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    when he said he would sign a bill to ban any weapon that would put a cops life in danger, what the hell does that mean? wont that lead to every gun being banned at one point? what a dick....i have other issues that are important to me but, my 2nd amendment right is VERY important...
    Better run to Home Depot and buy all the Hammers and Screwdrivers you can, cause once Mitt gets in there they are going to be considered weapons that could put a cops life in danger.

Seriously though I don't and probably never will own a Robinson Arm, But Alex seems like a pretty stand up guy that is starting to realize he made a mistake and will in the end do the right thing once he gets the clarification he's looking for, At least that's what I'm getting from his E-Mails.
    Recoil Happens

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by TJB63 View Post
    Better run to Home Depot and buy all the Hammers and Screwdrivers you can, cause once Mitt gets in there they are going to be considered weapons that could put a cops life in danger.

Seriously though I don't and probably never will own a Robinson Arm, But Alex seems like a pretty stand up guy that is starting to realize he made a mistake and will in the end do the right thing once he gets the clarification he's looking for, At least that's what I'm getting from his E-Mails.

just do what Tim Wilson says

Go down to home depot and buy yourself a quickload nailgun and a compressor go home plug it in pull the safety back with a claw hammer and i could keep you off my lawn for atleast 2 hours

but they will probably get back to him 2 weeks from now by then the damage will already be done.

Its a little to late for Romney to backpedal since he announced that on National tv
    and his voting past shows he is antigun

$9200 in contributions explains why Romney's campaign got back to him so soon.

i still cant get over how you can give almost 10k to someone who would put you out of business

so basically 5 people who own a Robinson XCR supported a gun grabber
    Last edited by fultonCoShooter; January 3rd, 2008 at 08:41 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

What company goes around endorsing candidates for President? Least of all candidates they don't know about. In the Primaries at that!

This is just spectacularly retarded on account of that guy. It's sort of like the whole deal with the GoDaddy CEO and his comments on torture. The only difference is that gun owners will actually do what they say they will. Look at Smith and Wesson on that account.

As a consumer, I don't want to know who my company endorses, or funds. Do I want to give my money to this guy if I know he's going to turn around and throw it to asshats like Mitt?

Unbelievably stupid...
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Allegheny County)

It's a stupid and premature move on Alex Robinson, that's for sure! He obviously liked Romneys stance in the overall curriculum, and didn't look farther because, as are all politics, polticians like to make statements that appeal to the masses, instead of taking a clear stance.

I'm SURE that if he knew his stance was so strict on assault weapons, he would not have endorsed him.

But my XCR is still my best rifle.
    Last edited by itstock; January 3rd, 2008 at 10:16 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast