Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG 239

(Delaware County)

Default SIG 239

I WATCHED A VIDEO OF A MAN WITH A SIG P239, SLIDE WAS LOOSE AND RATTLED WHEN SHOOK.
    ARE ALL 239s LIKE THIS? / SIGS IN GENERAL?
    HE SAID IT WAS ACCURATE AND A GOOD SHOOTER
    CAN'T DECIDE ON A GLOCK OR A SIG FOR CARRY
    i'M STILL DOING RESEARCH ON CCWs

Default Re: SIG 239

None of my Sigs ever rattled a lot. When you lock the slide back, they should rattle a little bit, but not much. Its a good weapon and will serve you well, I would take the recent reports of a drop in quality control with a grain of salt. All of my Sigs have been new production and most of the law enforcement agents that I know and have worked with have new production Sigs as well. They seem to run fine so long as the slide rails are properly greased and taken care of. There is a good resource on the Sigforums (http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...35/m/908103701) that tells you how to properly grease a Sigs frame rails.

This tells you how to judge the wear status of your Sig's rails
    http://grayguns.com/guide-to-sig-sau...ol-inspection/
    Last edited by SCBaldr; June 15th, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Northampton County)

I've also read reports of loose slide to frame fitment on 239's in particular, but the 239 SAS certified pre-owned I picked up a few months back is very tight and a fantastic shooter. On the other hand, I recently checked out a used 229 at a local shop that had very loose fitment. It looked as though it had lived a hard life.

(Fayette County)

The only thing that will rattle is when you lock the slide back and the barrel is loose.
    This is normal on almost all auto loading handguns.

I carry Sig's all day every day and they are the best handguns out there IMHO.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Westmoreland County)

my 239 is tight as a drum and has never (100% shooting record to date) had a hiccup of any kind...I have run it dry, oiled/greased, dirty, and anything in between...it just goes bang...my 238 is the exact same way
    S&W M&P40c, Sig P238 SAS-.380, Ruger mkIII .22, Thinking about a new sig 938.....

Quote Originally Posted by ENGINEER View Post
    I WATCHED A VIDEO OF A MAN WITH A SIG P239, SLIDE WAS LOOSE AND RATTLED WHEN SHOOK.
    ARE ALL 239s LIKE THIS? / SIGS IN GENERAL?
    HE SAID IT WAS ACCURATE AND A GOOD SHOOTER
    CAN'T DECIDE ON A GLOCK OR A SIG FOR CARRY
    i'M STILL DOING RESEARCH ON CCWs
    In my experience the Sig P239 is a significantly more accurate pistol than any Glock i have ever fired.

My dad's P239 .40 Sig will put bullet after bullet through the same hole at 7yds.

(Westmoreland County)

1 hole at 7 yards is very doable with a 239...even with big dot sights lol
    S&W M&P40c, Sig P238 SAS-.380, Ruger mkIII .22, Thinking about a new sig 938.....

Yep. The only box stock pistols i've ever fired that were more accurate than my dad's Sig P239 are my cousin's Sig P228 and my HK P7.

Glocks have what i would term as average accuracy.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Yep. The only box stock pistols i've ever fired that were more accurate than my dad's Sig P239 are my cousin's Sig P228 and my HK P7.

Glocks have what i would term as average accuracy.
    wanna really see sig accuracy shine? pick up a sig 238 and bang off a box of shells...your cheeks will hurt from grinning lol by far the most accurate pistol i've shot to date barred none (full size 1911 and other full size handguns included).

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    In my experience the Sig P239 is a significantly more accurate pistol than any Glock i have ever fired.

My dad's P239 .40 Sig will put bullet after bullet through the same hole at 7yds.
    I 100% agree with this comment. My 9mm P239 is equally accurate. I was initially stunned to see that this compact 9mm could out shoot full size Glocks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast