Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Lehigh valley mall

That was the only email I could find, I think we all should go to the website and email customer service about it

(Northampton County)

I oc in giant on linden st in bethlehem at least once a week..Nobody ever said anything to me.

(Lehigh County)

Hey ungawa, why go to Giant when Wegmans is near by? At Wegmens the prices are better, the soccer moms are better looking, check out is much better and they do not have an anti gun policy at the store or corporate level.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Lehigh County)

Wegmans doesn't carry flatouts. I asked them a few times and they still don't carry it but Giant does.

(Lehigh County)

I was reading and saw the email that was recieved from Giant

"Weapons" covered by this policy include any firearm, explosive, taser and any knife and other device that is used or displayed in a manner that could be perceived as dangerous or threatening.
    If you pay attention to the wording in the email you're actually allowed to take a gun into the store AND OC if you want. The policy specifically says "...that is used or displayed in a manner that could be percieved as DANGEROUS OR THREATENING." So as long as your gun is holstered and not cocked or anything then it is fine, otherwise their employees would not be allowed to have box cutters and they couldn't sell knives or they would be contradicting their own policies.

Policies are all about word choice because they know they can't regulate everything without getting themselves into some kind of trouble, so the use specific wording to make people think the rules are harsher than they actually are.

Oh and I don't know about the mall, but I CC, out of sight out of mind. I have yet to have any issues or even anyone look at me suspiciously, if they don't know its there its not going to bother them, and if they have a legitimate reason to be searching me i'll be leaving shortly anyways.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMacabre9 View Post
    I was reading and saw the email that was recieved from Giant

If you pay attention to the wording in the email you're actually allowed to take a gun into the store AND OC if you want. The policy specifically says "...that is used or displayed in a manner that could be percieved as DANGEROUS OR THREATENING." So as long as your gun is holstered and not cocked or anything then it is fine, otherwise their employees would not be allowed to have box cutters and they couldn't sell knives or they would be contradicting their own policies.

Policies are all about word choice because they know they can't regulate everything without getting themselves into some kind of trouble, so the use specific wording to make people think the rules are harsher than they actually are.

Oh and I don't know about the mall, but I CC, out of sight out of mind. I have yet to have any issues or even anyone look at me suspiciously, if they don't know its there its not going to bother them, and if they have a legitimate reason to be searching me i'll be leaving shortly anyways.
    You are right policy (and a lot of laws) are not very clear. The way the email is worded leaves a lot of wiggle room. If someone sees your holstered gun they may perceive it as threatning because they are not used to seeing non leo's carrying guns.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Northampton County)

I go to my local Giant constantly...although I avoid the LV Mall because...well, if I have to explain it, there's bigger issues here. I always CC...I support OC, but honestly it seems like it'd be really very easy to get hassled about it, and I have a nasty habit of making an issue of things when the law is technically on my side. On the issue of Giant though...I'm goingto continue to CC and feign ignorance until signs are posted. If/when they are...Giant will lose a customer who has probably funded multiple family vacations for their employees by this point.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    Hey ungawa, why go to Giant when Wegmans is near by? At Wegmens the prices are better, the soccer moms are better looking, check out is much better and they do not have an anti gun policy at the store or corporate level.
    I go to both. Wegmans does not have everything I want, and their prices are not better on all products.

My question is (as I have asked previously) WHY do you ask a company if you are able to exercise your right? Why not ask them if they want Euro instead of US Dollars?

It is their responsibility to follow the law and post a sign in a conspicuous location at the entrance stating if they have a policy regarding firearms. Toys r us has done so, and I have not been back since. Home Depot had issues with OC. Again, I know longer give them my money.

If they do not have such a sign, I will either OC, or if situation required CC. Places where I tend to CC include overcrowed locations or areas where it is a a bit more difficult to be totally aware of my surroundings.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsor39 View Post
    It is their responsibility to follow the law and post a sign in a conspicuous location at the entrance stating if they have a policy regarding firearms.
    There is no such law.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast