Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default CCW ? please help.

I have read a lot about the law and process but the Sherifs website is confusing and feel instructions are incomplete.

1. Do I need a picture to file app or is that done at office when I get my yellow card?

2. If I file with the new electronic method through email do I need to sign and date the app? I ask this cause instruction say to download to your desktop and save as PDF then attach to email, thus you would not have the ability to sign the app.

Thanks.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: CCW ? please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan22 View Post
    I have read a lot about the law and process but the Sherifs website is confusing and feel instructions are incomplete.

1. Do I need a picture to file app or is that done at office when I get my yellow card?

2. If I file with the new electronic method through email do I need to sign and date the app? I ask this cause instruction say to download to your desktop and save as PDF then attach to email, thus you would not have the ability to sign the app.

Thanks.
    I went to the office. I didn't do it online. When I got my LTCF here's what I did . . . Went in with two forms of ID (I used my ID and W4), filled out the application (make sure you have references) and waited a few days. They sent me the yellow card, I went back, paid them and they gave me my LTCF. They didn't even call my references. I'm pretty sure they took my picture on the first visit, not the second but I'm not 100%. The point being make sure you don't go in either time looking like a slob, having not shaved for a week and whatnot (like I did) because that picture will be on your LTCF for the next four years. I didn't think they would take my picture until I was approved so I didn't think it mattered. It's a very easy process. Hope this helps.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CCW ? please help.

they take the picture the day you go pick up the card.
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.