Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default York County Open Carry Event

I am planning an Open Carry picnic/dinner in Southern York County, it will be at the Glen Rock Community Park (5500 Fair School Road, Glen Rock PA 17327) on August 6 from 11:30-3:30. I am asking everyone to sign up to bring somthing to the picnic and also looking for a volunteer cook for the grill.

So far I have the folowing people as attending for sure:
    1)XD40Coyote and parents,--- deer steak
    2) Jhbenson4 and wife--- potato salad
    3)Dontreadonme, -----side or dessert
    4)a_ponderer ( from another forum)
    5)NOTAGUNNUT ( from another forum)
    6) Charles guggenheimer
    7) Waynew717 (PAopencarry)
    8)DClan (PAopencarry)
    9) JPJPJP (PAopencarry)---cook
    10)Computer Steve (tentative)
    11)JeffG (non forum)---hotdogs,buns,tea
    12)Duane1 (tentative)
    13) 15truckman and wife (maybe 2 kids)
    14) Dbrady08 and gf (drinks)
    15) Thunderwolf (tentative)
    16) Curmudgeon (drinks/cooler)

(York County)

Default Re: York County Open Carry Event

I'm definitely interested. It just depends on the date and time chosen and how that coincides with my work schedule whether or not I'll be able to attend. Also, keep in mind that July 23rd is the Philly OC event, so don't schedule it for that day.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Any time after 12 noon works for me, the day does not matter. I'm self employed so I can be very flexible.

Where were you thinking of in Shrewsbury? Please, not Cracker Barrel, it is so loud in there when really busy ( the only time not too crowded is after a big snow dump LOL) that you can't hear anyone talk. Cracker Barrel is really in New Freedom anyway LOL.

Some of us did an OC dinner at Soprano's pizza in Stewartstown last sept, and that was a great place, plenty of room, food was good, at least to me it was.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

I am hoping to get enough people to maybe go to a park and do a cook out type thing. I was thinking Hametown Park, I will just need to check and be sure that it is not privately owned or anything. I am almost sure that we will not be bothered by police at all and if we could get some news coverage that would help get open carry more well known in York county.

On another note I just want to ad that I have open carried in Shrewsbuty Giant and did not have any trouble but I had heard that Giant has a corporate policy that says no weapons,after an email to corporate I found out this is true. I think we all need to send emails to Giant letting them know how we feel

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Have you OC'd anywhere else around the area? BTW if you go to Gun Bunker on Forrest ave you are welcome to OC there, the guys who own it have no problem with it at all. Nikola's cafe in Market Square is also an OC ok place. Don't OC into Freedom Armory, the owner doesn't like it and might give you guff or his employees might.

One place that I personally wouldn't really want to OC at is the Amish market. There is a Mennonite lady there who would rip me a new one over it LOL. She got mad at me once for wearing my "chicks with guns" shirt.

Ha ha, I wonder if anyone has OC'd into the Goodwill? I did once, but the coyote skin I was wearing was sort of distracting and I don't think anyone noticed the OC. LOL

I also OC'd at Emerald Garden Chinese once, no problems.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Have you OC'd anywhere else around the area? BTW if you go to Gun Bunker on Forrest ave you are welcome to OC there, the guys who own it have no problem with it at all. Nikola's cafe in Market Square is also an OC ok place. Don't OC into Freedom Armory, the owner doesn't like it and might give you guff or his employees might.

One place that I personally wouldn't really want to OC at is the Amish market. There is a Mennonite lady there who would rip me a new one over it LOL. She got mad at me once for wearing my "chicks with guns" shirt.

Ha ha, I wonder if anyone has OC'd into the Goodwill? I did once, but the coyote skin I was wearing was sort of distracting and I don't think anyone noticed the OC. LOL

I also OC'd at Emerald Garden Chinese once, no problems.

I go there OC all the time. Field Trip!!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Cumberland County)

I'd try to make it to something, I sure do like to eat.

Unfortunately my schedule is like birdshot out of a Taurus Judge. All over the place.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(York County)

XD40coyote I wouldn't worry to much about what any Mennonite or Amish person has to say about any of our rights. The list of names of them that have given it all to protect our country is pretty short. Not to say there isn't some who have served but for the most part they rather be leaches on the rest of us. Behind our backs they talk about how we English are all going to burn in hell while they have no problem taking our money. I may have to OC just to tweak them, but I not going to by anything.
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun

(Fayette County)

I may be able to make it.

I will be visiting Baltimore a few times this summer and Shrewsbury isnt that far of a drive up I-83.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I may be able to make it.

I will be visiting Baltimore a few times this summer and Shrewsbury isnt that far of a drive up I-83.
    Ugh....why? To remember why you moved away? LOL

@ the OP: this is why there really hasn't been many York gatherings, no one can get their schedules together. XD40Coyote organized one last year that went pretty well, but of course I had to work. I suggest you just pick a day and a place that works for you and may draw the largest crowd - like a Sunday afternoon. Maybe use the same place that XD40Coyote did last year; it seemed to work well. Or look into getting a pavilion at Lake Redman and making it a cookout. Also, I'd give a good 4-6 weeks notice.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast