Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: York County Open Carry Event

Quote Originally Posted by 15Truckman View Post
    Ugh....why? To remember why you moved away? LOL

No, but it sure helps as a reminder! lol

But I go back once in a while to see friends and get out on the Bay.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(York County)

I open carry pretty often around shrewsbury, A walmart dept. manager threw me out a few years ago but after a call to the store manager he promised it would not happen again and so far is has not. OC in Rutters with no problems, Oc in giant and no problems yet but their corporate policy is no guns but so far the Shrewsbury one has not enforced that.

I have been to the shop on Forrest but I was CCing, seemed like a nice guy and the kind of shop you could stand around and talk about guns withou feeling like you have to buy somthing. Have you OC into Freedom Armory? I was planning to OC in there sometime soon and drop off some open carry pamphlets.

I think if we could get enough people to go to a park that it would be great especially since the newspaper might come. If we do it in SRPD patrolled area we should have no problems with police as I have talked many times to the chief and he is very gun friendly, he organizes the NRA banquet each year and said he might be able to come if we do an OC picnic and he is invited.

How would Saturday July 30 or Sunday work for everyone?

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Hmm, can you hold cookouts at the park in New Freedom? I've never really looked to see.

Stonewallrabbitry, I was in the Walmart in april 2008 and was in line checking out when I saw a tall thin guy with short hair walk out of the store real fast. He was OCing. I think he had a grey shirt on, and the shirt was tucked behind the holster. He did not have a bag or any merchandise, and it was as if he was told to leave. Was that you by chance? BTW whoever it was, I had been standing by the ammo counter for about 90 minutes yapping to a customer of mine and never saw anyone OCing, and when I saw it I was like " now why couldn't he have come by to get ammo while I was over there all that time?" LOL

OMG going into Freedom Armory OCing and with OC literature? I wonder how that would go down? LMAO

Regarding Mennonites, it is just the one lady. My mother and I got to know her pretty well and we even had some sort of dinner with her and her husband at their house, and went to a birthday thing for her adult son. Usually these folks don't critisize us English to our faces, but this woman can't keep her yap shut. I was subjected to some sort of "shunning maneuver" at the b-day thing when I tried to start a convo about bear hunting with some of the men. They literally moved their chairs far away from me. So I am not too keen on these people, though the lady's husband is a very nice guy who doesn't mind my "manlyness" at all.

Curmudgeon, I'd be up for some fun with you at the Amish Market sometime. Let's blow this lady's top LOL. Is the leather guy still there? I wouldn't mind looking at his stuff. I don't know if Craig Bricker still shows up at the french fry stand. I used to talk to him about hunting and trapping, but then he started going to Morningstar. He'd go nuts if he saw me OCing- nuts in a good way. I haven't been out much for a little over 2 years, been having anxiety and depression issues, but I just found out 2 days ago that I have hypothyroidism, and if I am right, the last time I was tested was spring of 2008 and my mood changes started late fall into winter 2008. I am now taking a med for this condition and I HOPE my mood troubles are due to my thyroid, and the med works. I am so sick of feeling weird on random days. Though most of it patterns around my menstrual cycle- but thyroid hormone may have a part in that too. I dunno, I'm going to read up on the thyroid stuff.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

That was probable me, I can't remember exactly what year it was though. I am about 6'2 140 pounds and the gune would have been a glock 27. When I was thrown out I was getting ready to hand the cashier my money and a dept manager with two guys behind her flipped out and told me I had to leave. I told it it was legal and she said it didnt matter I had to leave. I said ok and went to hand the cashier my money and the manager said "no you can not complete your purchase you have to leave right now". So I left in a hurry and not very happy.

Everywhere else in Shrewsbury has been fine with it or atleast not said anything, I live in the area so anytime you want to go oc somwhere I would join you or if you happen to be a memeber at jefferson sportsman club we could get together to shoot. I have to get my gf at the range to, only about ten weeks until she will be old enough to get her LTCF.

I think there is a park in new freedom that has picnic tables

I haven't seen any OC in the area in a while, unless it was an OC event or I was looking in a mirror. Last time I saw a "unicorn" it was repo guy. It is disapointing. I don't OC often, would do it more if others did it more. I am always looking for CC printing too, saw it once. PA is a different country compared to MD, and I know York county has a high rate of LTCF issuance.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    I haven't seen any OC in the area in a while, unless it was an OC event or I was looking in a mirror. Last time I saw a "unicorn" it was repo guy. It is disapointing. I don't OC often, would do it more if others did it more. I am always looking for CC printing too, saw it once. PA is a different country compared to MD, and I know York county has a high rate of LTCF issuance.
    I overheard at the counter in the york sheriff's office:
    "10% of the adult population in york county has one."

(Adams County)

I will be there, I prefer a picnic/cookout but the Pizza place XD mentioned is very accommodating if we can't park it.
    Porsche, there is no substitute

(York County)

I really want to do it at a park if we have enough people to do it, i will check some parks out in New Freedom and Glen Rock. Can I get everyone to let me know if saturday July 30 around 14:00 would work, I would like to get a list of who can come

Count me in. When you have a solid date, I will tell Devin over at Gun Bunker and maybe he can spread the word to non internet people.

Stonewall, if Curmudgeon can give a date/time, would you be up for freaking out the Mennonite lady at the Amish market? LOL
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

July 30 doesn't work for me, I'm working.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast