Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Sig 226 vs. HK USP 9

What can you guys tell me about these 2 pistols? pros/cons of each? experiences? quality? etc?

I've been eying up the Sig for a while, just so expensive. I've also started looking at the HK USP 9 and it sounds pretty nice also. Haven't checked prices on the HK yet, but I'm guessing its expensive too.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Sig 226 vs. HK USP 9

two of the best. highest quality. same price range. all will come down to personal preference. impossible to say one is better
    THINK ABOUT IT TWICE, Cause you're slow with your hands

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramagnus View Post
    two of the best. highest quality. same price range. all will come down to personal preference. impossible to say one is better
    +1

both pieces are impeccable. either way, im sure you'll be happy with the purchase.

Just one factor to consider though: HK doesn't give a $h!t about civilian customers. They will not ship you parts (in the unlikely event you would need them) and warranty work takes months. SIG, on the other hand, has an abundance of parts readily available, a lifetime warranty, and while their CS isn't like that of Springfield or S&W, it is definitely a huge step over HK.

That being said, I am partial to HK guns myself.

(Montgomery County)

Same price range (like others have said)

Hk has a polymer frame.
    Sig either alloy or steel depending on model.

Sig's grips can be changed.

Both are well made, high quality guns.

Sig's CS is better than Hk.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Allegheny County)

I just bought an HK USP in 45 and love it. I have seen and handled the 9mm and it is only a little smaller than the .45. The only downside-if you can call it that-is with the polygonal rifling in the HK, you are limited to shooting jacketed bullets. The Sig can shoot either as it has standard rifling.
    NRA Life Member-NRA Range Safety Officer

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jachrist View Post
    +1

both pieces are impeccable. either way, im sure you'll be happy with the purchase.

Just one factor to consider though: HK doesn't give a $h!t about civilian customers. They will not ship you parts (in the unlikely event you would need them) and warranty work takes months. SIG, on the other hand, has an abundance of parts readily available, a lifetime warranty, and while their CS isn't like that of Springfield or S&W, it is definitely a huge step over HK.

That being said, I am partial to HK guns myself.
    What is the warranty on the HK anyway?
    NRA Life Member-NRA Range Safety Officer

(Montgomery County)

The one point not yet raised is getting what you pay for. It is cheaper to manufacture a polymer frame then an aluminum or steel frame. You will find the HK to be at or a little above the retail cost of a P226. In my opinion, the HK is far more expensive then it is worth. I will not pay more for an inexpensively produced pistol. I know, the polymer frames hold up just as well and they wear well and what not. However, it costs less to produce and with that being understood when buying a polymer framed HK you are paying for the name.

I own Sigs and I own an HK (steel P7, worth every penny) and both are of high quality. If I were in your shoes, I would buy the Sig for the customer support, quality and value.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Allegheny County)

Excellent points about both guns above. I have an HK USP-C 45 and a Sig P226 and personally I prefer the HK because of the way it feels in my hand. I haven't had to deal with customer service for either so I can't speak to that. But I think that since both are well made and reliable you should try and shoot both to see which one works better for your grip and shooting style. The better one will be whichever you feel more comfortable with honestly.

(Berks County)

I think the Sig controls are better(personal preference). I love my Sig, my buddy has had a few HKs, never really cared for em.

It boils down to what fits you, and that's about it. Get your hands on em, play with em, pick what feels the best.
    Is it five o'clock yet?

(Lehigh County)

I'm a big fan of HK pistols; however, I do think they are a bit overpriced. I'm also in the same boat as sicario above (I like the sig controls better than HK). Finally, sig's CS is definitely better than HK's.

That being said, I'm still looking very closely at the HK P30L. I absolutely love the grip. The problem is that the pistol seems so damn light (compared to other polymer frame pistols... almost a hollow feel. Honestly, for the price, if I was going to buy a polymer frame pistol... I'd probably go with the XDm over HK (though I realize they aren't really the most similar comparison).

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast