Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barska scopes

(Union County)

Arrow Re: Barska scopes

I have a Barska SWAT 6-24x44 scope I bought a couple of years ago for ammo testing my 22s w/. It has held up w/o issue and I even ran it for awhile on my 700 5r in 308 for about 100-120 rounds while saving for some better glass. 0 issues. It currently sits on my 77/22 .22mag and it tracks precisely and consistantly. I shoot it probably once a week if not more and make elevation turret adjustments everytime I go out for chucks. The image quality is just as sharp as my Bushnell 3200 and 4200s. maybe I got a wednesday morning inspection sample scope because I have heard good and bad about Barska quality. I love mine and will run it to failure. $150 well spent for the # of years service I have gotten out of it so far. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the hunk of metal on the eyebell that houses the battery/switch for the illum. reticle.....don't need it. Luck of the draw I guess. I also have a pair of binocs I got on the cheap at G-Mt. The image quality is pretty darn impressive for a pair of <$80 long distance peepers and everyone who looks thru them comments on how awesome they are(total glass noobs tho!) Only issue I have w/ them is that the right side adj. eyebell is so coarse in it's adjustment that you REALLY have to be paying attention when you twist it or you will miss the focal point needed to match up the left side. I have "my" point marked and am very familar w/ them so it is not an issue for me using them.
    Last edited by MaxPower; June 14th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: Barska scopes

Survey how many folks at the Camp Perry matches use them. Or at a Ken Hackathorn carbine course. Or at Fire Institute in Pittsburgh. If I'm going to put something on MY rifles, I want it to be the BEST around - not, 'adequate.'

ANYTHING mechanical can & will break under the right conditions. I like gear that's BEEN tested under all the WORST conditions, and comes through with flying colors. For MY money, anyways. And my LIFE, for that matter!

(Union County)

Lightbulb Re: Barska scopes

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Survey how many folks at the Camp Perry matches use them. Or at a Ken Hackathorn carbine course. Or at Fire Institute in Pittsburgh. If I'm going to put something on MY rifles, I want it to be the BEST around - not, 'adequate.'

ANYTHING mechanical can & will break under the right conditions. I like gear that's BEEN tested under all the WORST conditions, and comes through with flying colors. For MY money, anyways. And my LIFE, for that matter!
    LOL. I don't think he's putting this on a rifle he's gonna fight insurgents w/ and I am not fearing for my life if my scope breaks in the field and I am SURROUNDED by angry, armed, killer Ghogs. I have my mall ninja training to fall back on for that!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Barska scopes

Thanks everyone who replied. It would be going on a 308 win. I think ill just save some money and get something with a little better street cred. It can be frustrating when parts dont work, even cheap ones. Thanks.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Barska scopes

Why not buy a cheap rifle and put good scope on it ? Makes me wonder, a man or woman will go out and buy a 5,6,7,8 hundred dollar rifle if not more and then turn around and put a cheap ass scope on it. When it fails to shoot and won`t hold a group I`ll see it some where for sale CHEAP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12