Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class - Moosic, Pa. (Scranton area)

Quote Originally Posted by Brudog View Post
    What is the application process for the Utah permit once we have this class completed? We need to get finger printed, then what? Is there documentation or instruction provided to apply for the permit? It is my understanding that there is a section of the application that needs to be completed by the instructor. Will we get our application with section completed as part of the course?

I am very interested and I know some others who may be as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundeck View Post
    Ditto. Do you submit the fingerprint card or do we? Will you be photographic folks?
    We will provide the applications or you can print them online before the class. Once the class is completed, I will be stamping and signing the applications indicating that you have taken the class. We will discuss the application process at the start of class and we provide you with the required fingerprint card for Utah.

When the class is finished, you will need to take the fingerprint card and get a set of prints done. You can get this done at your local law enforcement agency. Prints can also be done by a private company but I usually recommend the law enforcement agency because they pretty much all use the live scan technology now. Its more accurate than ink printing. Ink prints are still accepted but there is a greater chance of smudges.

You will also need a passport style photo and those can be obtained at a variety of stores such as CVS, Walgreens, etc ($5-10) or you can do it at home. Additionally, you will need a copy of your driver's license and Pa. LTCF. Then you just mail all of the documentation to Utah along with the permit fee ($65). The permit is good for 5 years and renewals are only $15.

A Utah non-resident permit is currently valid in 30 states (soon to be 31) and for Pa. folks, its valid in Ohio where your LTCF is not.

Also, if anyone want to use this class to apply for a Va non-resident permit, just send me a message with your name and I will be sure to bring a non-resident applicaton packet. Va requires prints also so you can get those all done at the same time at your local police station.
    Last edited by ProShooter; July 15th, 2011 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Also, if anyone want to use this class to apply for a Va non-resident permit, just send me a message with your name and I will be sure to bring a non-resident applicaton packet. Va requires prints also so you can get those all done at the same time at your local police station.
    What does Va. get you that Utah and Arizona don't?

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    What does Va. get you that Utah and Arizona don't?
    Well, if you have Pa and are getting Utah and Arizona, Virginia doesnt really add anything. Some people just get it if they plan to be in Va. since it is more easily recognized in Va.

Well, if you have Pa and are getting Utah and Arizona, Virginia doesnt really add anything. Some people just get it if they plan to be in Va. since it is more easily recognized in Va.
    That's what I thought, and yes ... we will be getting our AZ. the beginning of August, should actually have it before your class. Then with yours we get Utah and honestly I can't see getting any others except maybe FL (which I think adds 2 more states if I am not mistaken)

That's what I thought, and yes ... we will be getting our AZ. the beginning of August, should actually have it before your class. Then with yours we get Utah and honestly I can't see getting any others except maybe FL (which I think adds 2 more states if I am not mistaken)
    Sounds like a plan!

Just wanted to give everyone an update about this class:

The plane tickets have been purchased, hotel classroom booked, etc. At this point, we are about 3 1/2 weeks away from the class date. We have only received a few registrations thus far. Initially, we had quite a number of folks express interest in the class and we have been aggressively advertising it. If those who expressed interest could register fairly soon, it will give me a better indication as to whether or not this class will happen.

I don't like to cancel classes, and we've never had to cancel one of our traveling classes before. Usually, by this point we've had enough paid registrations to cover expenses. The fact that we haven't seen many registrations has me a bit concerned....

Just thought you all should know where we're at.

Just wanted to give everyone an update about this class:

The plane tickets have been purchased, hotel classroom booked, etc. At this point, we are about 3 1/2 weeks away from the class date. We have only received a few registrations thus far. Initially, we had quite a number of folks express interest in the class and we have been aggressively advertising it. If those who expressed interest could register fairly soon, it will give me a better indication as to whether or not this class will happen.

I don't like to cancel classes, and we've never had to cancel one of our traveling classes before. Usually, by this point we've had enough paid registrations to cover expenses. The fact that we haven't seen many registrations has me a bit concerned....

Just thought you all should know where we're at.
    Just waiting for a check to come in and the wife and I will be signed up so you can count on use two.

Just waiting for a check to come in and the wife and I will be signed up so you can count on use two.
    Thank you, dc. I appreciate that.

Default Re: UPDATE - Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class - Moosic, Pa. (Scranton area)

Latest update:

Just wanted to give everyone an update regarding this class. We had many people indicate that they were interested in and/or would register for this class. To date, we have just received a small handfull of registrations, and unfortunately, not enough to hold a class.

Since the class is about 3 weeks away now, we are going to make August 1st the cut off date. If you are interested in attending, we must receive all paid registrations by 9am on the cut off date. If we do not receive enough registrations, we will be forced to cancel the class.

Thanks,

Jim

(Lackawanna County)

Hello, I just registered for your class. (my initials are JC, I put my full name in the registration form but I'm not going to post my name on a public forum).

Do you have everything from me you need? I paid via Paypal.

Also, if the class is cancelled how do I get a refund. I hope this isn't the case... but I figure it's better to ask now than later.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MedGuy; July 30th, 2011 at 02:45 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast