Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The growing Draco family

Lol, it's a sickness (but a fun one). Hows that 7.62x25 AR? Think we'll see any more cheap surplus ammo?

Update for you folks who are interested in the Dracos....

I called Century's customer service line today and inquired about the Mini Dracos. He did say that more were coming, but would probably not arrive for several more months. I also asked him if a "Micro" Draco was in the works, and he confirmed that it is indeed. I can only imagine how tiny that thing will be...

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Last Resort View Post
    Update for you folks who are interested in the Dracos....

I called Century's customer service line today and inquired about the Mini Dracos. He did say that more were coming, but would probably not arrive for several more months. I also asked him if a "Micro" Draco was in the works, and he confirmed that it is indeed. I can only imagine how tiny that thing will be...
    Thanks for the info man.. I have the mini on back order from J&G and when the micro comes out i'll get one of those too..

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    I told you I would find them.

http://ewbankak47.com/AK47_Pistols.php

If you really want a small one. There you go. In any flavor you like by the looks of it. Up to, and including... goofy.
    Gang bangers delight right there.
    AR accessories - Barbie for men

As members on this forum have given advice on several occasions which helped me secure a difficult to find gun, I thought I would return the favor. As of today, JG Sales just got more mini-dracos in. Mine was backordered and shipped today, and their website no long lists them as "on backorder". They are still selling them at very reasonable prices (compared to gunbroker)...$449 shipped. Anybody that wants one, I suggest you buy it now, as I imagine they will sell out again.

(Butler County)

Mine shipped yesterday... I hope the front sight is straight..

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

Me too, but mine is going to end up with a laser anyway (as well as new quadrail, muzzle brake, charging handle, etc.)

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Last Resort View Post
    Me too, but mine is going to end up with a laser anyway (as well as new quadrail, muzzle brake, charging handle, etc.)
    Were will you get the quadrail? Custom made?

I picked mine up today. Front sight is straight. whew. Very nice plastic plum hand grip. The bolt action is very smooth. The dust cover is a little tight and so is the mag release. Overall I am very, very pleased. I'll be shooting it this weekend. I'll put a full drum mag thru it to start. :grin:

I've been doing all my homework over at the ar15.com forum (AK pistols). A bunch of guys have modified the UTG and Midwest Industries quadrails to fit the mini dracos with great success, although some cutting is required. There is a new krinkov quadrail out, but I contacted the company and unfortunately it does not fit the mini draco.

(Butler County)

Thanks for the info..

I just finished field stripping the mini draco.

The wood foregrip bolt was loose when I took it out and when I put it back together i found the small bolt that holds the foregrip on was stripped. No way I tightened too much as I was very careful because I noticed the threaded bolt hole was very shallow. I'll just get a new bolt tomorrow and be more careful next time. No biggie really.

The gas tube is really short lol.. The gas tube release lever is tight as hell but so are most of my other AK's. Another no biggie..

I changed the plastic plum grip over to a dark stained checkered wood grip I bought on GB. I'll refinish the wood fore grip to match.

The dust cover is really tight and needs a little material filed off the front and it will be OK.

I really like this little firearm. I'll SBS it as soon as I can. I just received form 1 and the compliance form in the mail today and when I get a chance I'll fill them out and send them in...

Watch out for that wood foregrip screw

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast